Fórum

Subscription: Not receiving some mails

Varun Sadana, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Subscription: Not receiving some mails

New Member Postagens: 21 Data de Entrada: 01/08/07 Postagens Recentes
We use Liferay 4.2.2. Now sometimes what happens is that the subscription mails get lost. What this means is that people who have subscribed to some thread, might not receive new mails when a new post is written in the thread. Also this happens only sometimes and not always

Also, i found the same thing even at the Liferay site. I had subscribed to something here on the site, but didn't get the mail. So is it some issue with Liferay internally? Anyone has any idea? Or faced similar issue.
thumbnail
Alex Wallace, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

RE: Subscription: Not receiving some mails

Liferay Master Postagens: 640 Data de Entrada: 05/11/07 Postagens Recentes
I'd be interested in hearing from other users what their 'receiving email' from liferay experience is...

In our app we had originally implemented email verification registration, but many users don't receive the email... The log has no errors at all, and I'm sure in some cases (or hopefully all) it is due to mail servers blocking...

Not being able to control that, we are moving away from email confirmation based registration, but this thread made me think of the issue, I am not 100% sure that all emails not received are due to email blocking... And the behavior is simmilar to what you express here...
thumbnail
JR Houn, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 488 Data de Entrada: 19/11/07 Postagens Recentes
This is an odd behavior indeed - I'd be very curious to see if other people have had this issue - I looked through support tickets and couldn't find anything quite like this - if anyone else has issues with liferay sending out emails please post your experiences! I'll try testing this out a bit though on my own for now.
jr
thumbnail
Michael Saechang, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 576 Data de Entrada: 19/11/07 Postagens Recentes
Varun,

Some of the issues that you are having are now fixed with the upcoming version of Liferay 4.3.6. When you say that some of the subscription messages are missing do you mean the ones that the user themselves post? if so there was a LEP ticket about it here...

http://support.liferay.com/browse/LEP-4459

The issue with not receiving your own posts when you subscribe to a thread has been fixed and now you will receive all thread posts in the threads you are subscribed to.

Also subscriptions to a category will notify you of sub category posts too.

http://support.liferay.com/browse/LEP-4454

hope this information was useful

-mike
Varun Sadana, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 21 Data de Entrada: 01/08/07 Postagens Recentes
I am testing it more actually. We have changed a bit of subscription in 4.2.2 and lets c if the problem gets solved by that.

Thanks all for the info
Pete Erickson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 17/11/08 Postagens Recentes
We have installed Liferay V5.1.1 and are having issues with the email subscription feature not sending out updates to anyone who is subscribed to Wiki's or Forums.

Are there any currently known issues with this feature?

Thanks,
Pete