Fórum

Amharic language translation

thumbnail
abraham berhanu, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Amharic language translation

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 01/08/13 Postagens Recentes
hi
I am from Ethiopia I want to translate Liferay into Amharic language
any one help me?
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: Amharic language translation

Regular Member Postagens: 143 Data de Entrada: 14/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Abraham,

welcome to Liferay community!

I'd like to thank you for your initiative. I am Daniel and I'm in charge of the technical part of Liferay translations. To add a new language, we need a minimum set of translations to start with.

So, you can start by downloading the latest CE sources (https://www.liferay.com/es/downloads/liferay-portal/available-releases) and locate the file Language.properties. This file contains all translatable strings in the portal.

After that, you can start to build the Amharic language file: Language_am.properties For this purpose you can either translate directly from Language.properties values, or browse through a running portal and see the messages in context.

A few things to take into account:
* Please don't include English values in Language_am.properties. Liferay will take care and use the English texts in case some key is not present in that file.
* Make sure that Language_am.properties is UTF-8 encoded.

Once you have a basic version (~100 - 200 translated keys), please send it to me (daniel.sanz @ liferay.com) and I'll talk to Product Management in order to incorporate that language to the product.

Thanks again!
thumbnail
abraham berhanu, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 01/08/13 Postagens Recentes
thank you
Yoseph Mekasha, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 30/07/14 Postagens Recentes
Can I know the status of Amaharic Language translation?

Thanks Daniel and Abraham