Theme creation: _diff folder empty
6 de Dezembro de 2013 16:18
Resposta

Chiyo Chan

Ranking: New Member

Data de entrada: 6 de Dezembro de 2013

Mensagens recentes

Hi,

I am having issues creating a custom theme with liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2.0 GA1. The _diff folder under the custom theme is empty. I am able to create a custom theme with version 6.0.

I used the create them_name "Theme vanity Name" command at command line. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
David H Nebinger
RE: Theme creation: _diff folder empty
6 de Dezembro de 2013 20:56
Resposta

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Ranking: Liferay Legend

Data de entrada: 1 de Setembro de 2006

Mensagens recentes

the diff folder is always empty. the files you drop in here replace the ones from your parent theme at build time.
Chiyo Chan
7 de Dezembro de 2013 08:58
Resposta

Chiyo Chan

Ranking: New Member

Data de entrada: 6 de Dezembro de 2013

Mensagens recentes

David H Nebinger:
the diff folder is always empty. the files you drop in here replace the ones from your parent theme at build time.

Thank you for the correction. It's been a while since I created a theme and I was under the impression that the create.bat would create the entire structure for the theme (css, js etc). I am working through the steps on this page to create the 6.2 version of the theme.
Jack Bakker
7 de Dezembro de 2013 16:27
Resposta

Jack Bakker

Ranking: Liferay Master

Data de entrada: 3 de Janeiro de 2010

Mensagens recentes

it's been a while.. ok... I forget the basics often too assuming I knew them in the first place...

official documentation (at link Chiyo) gives states that _diffs/ (subfolders not created by default)

to me that is pretty clear as I know the _diffs are considered to be overrides or additions on build/deploy ... so if nothing in _diffs, well then nothing changes from default

add the _diffs subfolders, add say custom.css you want to add, and other files you want to add/override