Fórum

Installation problem

Rodrigo Kauer Zuchetto, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Installation problem

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 28/05/09 Postagens Recentes
I am not able to install liferay. I tried with the bundle but can not start the Tomcat and isn't displayed any error message. I tried to install Tomcat separately and make the deploy of the war and did not succeed. Can anybody help me?
thumbnail
Lari Tuominen, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Installation problem

Expert Postagens: 283 Data de Entrada: 07/11/07 Postagens Recentes
Are you sure you don't find any error messages in catalina.out? Also can you see that tomcat starts correctly and that portal is deployed?

In addition what kind of environment do you have (Operating system, Database and JAVA)?

- Lari

Hi Lari,

Thank you for your attention.

Yeah. I'm sure, I don't find any error messages. Tomcat not starts. The image attached show de messages when I try to to starter tomcat.

My environment is: Windows XP, JDK1.6.0_06 and I don't change the database.
thumbnail
Lari Tuominen, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 283 Data de Entrada: 07/11/07 Postagens Recentes
OK,

Few things

1. Don't install JAVA into the path that contains spaces like C:\Arquivos de programas\ ....... it will only cause troubles.

2. Tomcat log file catalina.out is located in <tomcat-dir>/logs so in your case C:\Temp\liferay-portal-5.2.3\tomcat-6.0.18\logs\catalina.out .... Check errors from that file. Note that you don't see ERRORS in console but in that file!

- Lari
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2047 Data de Entrada: 07/10/08 Postagens Recentes
From your console, it looks like it's not using your java_home. Try checking your JRE_HOME. I think tomcat looks to JRE_HOME first, then to JAVA_HOME if it doesn't exist.

As you said, I installed Java in "c: \ java". I set the environment variables but still the same thing happening.
I checked the folder "logs" of Tomcat as you said, but the folder is empty.
I also set the JRE_HOME but does't work.
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2047 Data de Entrada: 07/10/08 Postagens Recentes
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Where did you set JAVA_HOME?

It's correct, Tomcat uses JRE_HOME first, unless the "debug" parameter is passed to the startup script. Liferay actually comes with it's own (windows only) jre (which I dislike - hint hint), so it should run without any extra java installation.

Your screenshot shows, that it's not your java in C:\java is used, but from C:\arquiv~\java\jre_1.5.07 (which is quite old and outdated, by the way)

You should set your environment variables in tomcat's bin/setenv.bat. See what's already in there and change. You might want to uninstall the old java version (1.5.07) unless you've got some software installed that absolutely positively needs this particular version.

Also, as an extra measure you might want to empty the tomcat directories temp and work (leave the directories in place but make them empty.
thumbnail
Azizi B. Yazit @ Ahmad Zawawi, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 09/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Did you set the CATALINA_HOME and it path?

check this post :

http://www.dzone.com/links/install_the_latest_version_of_liferay522.html