Fórum

Search Portlet with Document Library Missing Results

Ryan M Castley, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Search Portlet with Document Library Missing Results

New Member Postagens: 15 Data de Entrada: 07/05/09 Postagens Recentes
I'm just setting up Liferay as our corporate Intranet, and have noticed that the Search Portlet is not locating some of the files in the Document Library. For example, if I search for Project, it will find no results even though there are hundreds of files alone with that in the title. On the other hand, if I search for 'Projects' (note the pluralization) it finds some results. Note that this happens regardless if the file has tags or not. I've also noticed that the search seems to skip any searches for files with our company name.

Other searches (in all areas, doc lib included) seem to work fine, just seems like certain words are skipped. Is there anybody who can suggest what may be going on?

Thanks,

Ryan
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Search Portlet with Document Library Missing Results

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1228 Data de Entrada: 14/04/08 Postagens Recentes
When you do search from within the Documenty Library portlet itself, do you get the same results as in Search portlet?
Which LFR version are you using?
Ryan M Castley, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 15 Data de Entrada: 07/05/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Victor,

We're running Liferay 5.2.2 on Tomcat 6.0.18 with MySQL 5.0.77. This is running on a Windows 2003R2 Xeon box.

Doing the search from within the Document Library portlet produces the correct results, although the search is painfully slow (about 40 seconds) to come back with results.

I've made no modifications to the Lucene search engine, it's using the default configurations with Liferay. I do notice the status window is choking on any Powerpoint 2007 .pptx files (comes up with the invalid XML character was found in CDATA error that's been identified in other posts), do you think this may be something to do with that?

Thanks for your assistance,

Ryan
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1228 Data de Entrada: 14/04/08 Postagens Recentes
Doing the search from within the Document Library portlet produces the correct results

It confirms that Search Portlet really requires some work to be done, at least to align lucene queries with data portlets. Not sure if you have seen this thread. (You may check how search portlet behaves here. Type 'agls' in search window.)

40 seconds
Thats too slow with default setting, meaning lucene on filesystem. With large amount of data it shall take under 0.5 secs for first hits.
Slowness with downloading may provide some general performance issues, but not about lucene behavior, they are separate.
How many docs have you got?
Send me your pptx document sample, I can have a look.