Fórum

Journal Article Default Language

thumbnail
Iñaki Paz Rey, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Journal Article Default Language

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 17/01/08 Postagens Recentes
Hello Everybody,
I have got a problem on Liferay 5.2.2 with journal articles. We have build a portal with a guest community setting its default language as LANG#1. However, as we add articles, LANG#1 is not an extended language (such as English or Spanish), so we want to specify as a default language for journal articles to be LANG#2.
This implies to create contents first on LANG#1, save them and add LANG#2. This also makes LANG#1 the default language for the article.

Whenever we try to change the default language from LANG#1 to LANG#2, everything seems to work fine. We save and continue, and the default language is reseted to LANG#1.

Going deeper, if we set the LANG#2 first, then select an unintroduced language (or remove actual), the data as default from LANG#2 is loaded. Once saved, default data is saved. For those languages not introduced, LANG#1 is rendered.

Anyone else has had this problem?

This gets more complicated. I have started a clean Liferay against MySQL. Did a demo content following the previous specification and results have been surprising.

I introduced LANG#1, introduced LANG#2 and viewed the article. On LANG#3, by default LANG#1 is used. This is OK.

Then I edited the article again, selected LANG#2 as default and saved. Everything went OK. However now, LANG#1 displays OK, LANG#2, displays OK also, but LANG#3 displays nothing. As if the editor saved empty on unintroduced languages.

Anyone has a clue on what is going on here and how to solve this behavior?
Thanks,
Iñaki Paz