Fórum

Changing the "checkboard" icon

Rice Owl, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Changing the "checkboard" icon

Regular Member Postagens: 177 Data de Entrada: 24/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I was wondering how to change the LifeRay "checkerboard" icon - this icon shows up as an icon on the browser's URL text field as well as in a few places (such as next to the control panel at the top). Its the bluish and white icon, on this site, you see it next to the "LifeRay" logo on the banner.

I successfully changed the logo (the one with the "LifeRay/Enterprise. Open Source For Life.") in the Control Panel -> Settings -> Display Settings.

BUt I can't find a place to replace the checkboard icon with an icon of my own. Do I need to create a new theme to handle this? Or is there somewhere on the control panel I can go to replace it?

I'm running LifeRay 5.2.2 on Tomcat 5.5 (bundled).

Thx!
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Changing the "checkboard" icon

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
It's located in the theme, the standard one is called liferay.ico - either create a new theme with a different icon or patch the theme you use. You can also change the name - look for the html/head section similar to this (from this forum page)

<link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="http://cdn.www.liferay.com/osb-theme/images/liferay.ico">

I've seen browsers (firefox and ie) cache this particular icon for a long time - even "shift-reload" doesn't do much. Either address the icon directly and reload or flush your cache in order to see if you did enough.
Rice Owl, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Changing the "checkboard" icon

Regular Member Postagens: 177 Data de Entrada: 24/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Thank you very much Olaf!