Fórum

how to work with mavenized liferay plugins in LiferayIDE

m l, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

how to work with mavenized liferay plugins in LiferayIDE

New Member Postagens: 24 Data de Entrada: 20/08/13 Postagens Recentes
I am starting a bigger Liferay EE (6.1.20) project and i want it to be "mavenized". I successfully deployed the EE artifacts to our nexus and generated some portlet projects with
mvn archetype:generate
Now i have a multi-module maven project and each module is a portlet. Every single module/portlet can be built and deployed.
Is there a way to deploy all modules at once (some kind of reactor build)?

But my main problem is to get all stuff set up in eclipse (i used this guide: http://www.liferay.com/de/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/m2e-liferay+-+early+access#section-m2e-liferay+-+early+access-Liferay+IDE+Support). So first i tried it with current Liferay IDE (1.6.1) but here i can't install m2e-core because of a conflict with slf4j. So i tried the Liferay Eclipse plugin and installed it on my Eclipse Kepler. I also installed the liferay-maven configurator.

After this i imported the maven project (parent) with all modules. But on every module's pom i get errors from configurator:
Invalid config value: autoDeployDir=../../../liferay-portal-6.1.20-ee-ga2/deploy

and this error is also thrown if i try to deploy from within eclipse with rightclick->liferay->maven->liferay:deploy. The other option "convert to liferay project" isn't working because the sdk is missing (i thought sdk isn't needed on mavenized prjects?!)

So how to work with mavenized liferay plugins in Liferay Developer Studio (stand alone or plugin)?

To make a long story short: How does (your) mavenized liferay workflow look like? i am especially interested in the develpoment/ debugging part. At the end i want a process where the liferay developer can develop in the normal way and on commit a jenkins shouldn't have any problems to build, test and deploy all the stuff. And all changing configurations should be handled in pom files and set via resource filtering.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: how to work with mavenized liferay plugins in LiferayIDE

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Maven support is planned for IDE 2.0 which is not out yet. Until then, I think you're on your own.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
David is right. IDE 2.0.0-Milestone-1 should be released in a few days that will support Liferay projects built with the liferay-maven-plugin.

thx for your answers.
but as i stated above, i am using IDE 2.0.0 "early access" (http://www.liferay.com/de/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/m2e-liferay+-+early+access), and with it i have those problems. The question is: will it be work with "Milestone 1"?

But anyway, how to work with mavenized projects right now? Are there any (good) practices?
thumbnail

m l:
but as i stated above, i am using IDE 2.0.0 "early access"

I re-read your OP like 4 times. No where did I see IDE 2.0 early access mentioned. Saw IDE 1.6, saw questions re: Dev Studio, but nothing about IDE 2.0 "early access"...

At the end of the day, "early access" is a pretty moniker for "beta" or "test". No guarantees, no promises it's going to do what the final release will do, etc. It's more of a "This is where we're going" and not necessarily a pre-release or almost production ready version.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Wait for a blog post by me in the next few days to mention the release of IDE 2.0-Milestone-1 which will contain the new m2e-liferay plugin. The blog will point out to some resources for maven setup. But it will look a whole lot like the m2e-liferay early access as far as a "tutorial" for setting up support for the liferay maven plugin.

thx for the info - i am impatiently waiting :-)

the liferay-maven-configurator eclipse plugin ("early-access") contains all needed dependencies including lds 2.0.
Rob Silver, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 47 Data de Entrada: 20/06/13 Postagens Recentes
Does this potentially fix the problems with MySQL 5.6 which as I understand it fails to work with Liferay because of the lack of Maven support. Frankly I have not yet started to use Maven in any of my projects - Just Ant build.xml files presently. I do have a few books to go through but a good video tutorial would make the transition easier especially with
Eclipse based IDE. - You do mean the Eclipse based IDE when you refer to the new Maven enabled Liferay IDE 2.0 ??? Yes???
thumbnail

IDE/Maven/Ant have nothing to do w/ mysql 5.6. To use mysql 5.6, just download the latest connector-J jar and drop it into the global lib dir (tomcat's lib/ext dir), replacing the older version.