Fórum

Looking for mobile sites built on Liferay & success stories!

thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Looking for mobile sites built on Liferay & success stories!

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1261 Data de Entrada: 02/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi community!

I'm currently working on gathering information about public sites built on Liferay that are optimized for mobile, both using responsive design in their theme or with a dedicated mobile version.

I'd like to create an article about this as a way to inspire more and more users to make their websites accesible for mobile devices and I'd like to hear about your success stories (and pains) implementing them.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Juan

ps: for those interested on looking at a few of them, here are a few examples I already know about (almost all are responsive)

www.liferay.com < emoticon
www.arcusys.fi
www.tritonsvc.com
www.monator.com
www.fifthandpacific.com
www.cabina14.es
m.rohm.com
thumbnail
Manish Yadav, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: Looking for mobile sites built on Liferay & success stories!

Expert Postagens: 493 Data de Entrada: 26/05/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi Juan
You can add http://newsroom.cisco.com/ in your list ,Its example of dedicated mobile version.
It would be great if you share pros and cons of both responsive theme and dedicated mobile version sites in your blog post. It will be very helpful for all to decide which path have to choose either mobile version or response theme.

I want to share some points,Please feel free to add or remove if i missed something or unnecessary added

Response Theme :-
Pros
1. One solution to rule them all: one time publish of article requires for both mobile site and desktop site
2. Avoiding device-alternating issues
3.It's not just about the device - Even if we have a very large screen, we don't always have a full-screen sized window open for the web browser. With a responsive web site, even if the window is resized, we never end up with that horrible horizontal scroll.

Cons
1.More Development times and resources
2. Cross-browser compatibilities
3.Loading times - Internet connection on mobile devices is still a greater issue than on common computers, which brings this topic to the table. Responsiveness requires extra server calls due to cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues (yes, we are back on the IE topic). Media alternating also needs additional server calls, or else resizing a huge image every time will also result in slower loading times since the same 700x700 image is still loaded on a 320x480 screen

Mobile Theme:-

Pros:-
1. Easy to maintain and develop
Cons:-
1.Difficult to analyze traffic because traffic divided into two different site
2. Separate UI requires for tablets.
3. Requires two time publish of same article .One for desktop site and another for Mobile version

Thanks & Regards
Manish Banwari lal Yadav
Email:- manishyadav1103@gmail.com
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: Looking for mobile sites built on Liferay & success stories!

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1261 Data de Entrada: 02/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Thanks, Manish!
FYI, I have created a wiki page with a list of mobile websites built on Liferay. In case you are interested, please visit it and update it with more sites that you know:
Mobile Websites Built on Liferay
Juan