Fórum

moving my portal

amani kh, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

moving my portal

Junior Member Postagens: 43 Data de Entrada: 17/11/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi I am using LR 6.1 ga1 working with MYSQL database, I created my own portal and now I want to move the whole application to another computer ,, what are the steps to do to have my portal working in the new computer? I am asking exactly about how to get all my data when moving my application?
waiting for ur help.. thanks alot.
thumbnail
Subhash Pavuskar, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: moving my portal

Regular Member Postagens: 234 Data de Entrada: 13/03/12 Postagens Recentes
You need to take a war file and hot deploy in to tomcat folder (Make sure that your tomcat is in running state ), take a back up of your DB and and export it !!
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1228 Data de Entrada: 14/04/08 Postagens Recentes
and do not forget data/ directory, depending on settings it may also store portal data.

Do I need to copy all the data diretory to the new installation ? or just document_library directory? Or what exactly?
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1228 Data de Entrada: 14/04/08 Postagens Recentes
copy the entire data/ directory, it would not hurt.
Usually if we want to move the entire portal to another VM, which just zip an entire portal installation from the top portal directory and unzip it in a target VM, of course database is to be copied as well.

Victor Zorin:
copy the entire data/ directory, it would not hurt.
Usually if we want to move the entire portal to another VM, which just zip an entire portal installation from the top portal directory and unzip it in a target VM, of course database is to be copied as well.

thanks Victor, I ll give it a try !