Fórum

Liferay IDE with Liferay 6.0-ee-sp1 JBoss bundle

thumbnail
Robert Leo Smith, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay IDE with Liferay 6.0-ee-sp1 JBoss bundle

Junior Member Postagens: 63 Data de Entrada: 15/10/09 Postagens Recentes
Is it possible to use the Liferay IDE with the Liferay 6.0-ee-sp1 JBoss bundle? I do not have the luxury to upgrade until our company decides to.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay IDE with Liferay 6.0-ee-sp1 JBoss bundle

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Right now we don't have support for JBoss bundle directly. You can indirectly use it by downloading and configuring a Tomcat bundle but then just modifying your build.properties in your SDK folder to deploy to jboss bundle instead. So you can at least configure your project with Liferay IDE project facets and use all of the editing features but you will not be able to deploy using drag-n-drop to jboss server running in servers view like with Tomcat bundles.
thumbnail

Within Eclipse I'm not able to setup any projects because it is asking for a Liferay target runtime. The only type it will accept is a tomcat project. Is there a way to 'fake' it into believing my jboss server is a Liferay target runtime?
thumbnail

Robert Leo Smith:
Within Eclipse I'm not able to setup any projects because it is asking for a Liferay target runtime. The only type it will accept is a tomcat project. Is there a way to 'fake' it into believing my jboss server is a Liferay target runtime?

Sorry, no not at this time.
thumbnail

Thanks for your quick replies Greg.

It seems kind of odd to me that the Liferay IDE works for community users with Tomcat but not Enterprise Edition (paid) users with JBoss. That being said, I've downloaded the Tomcat version and now I can import projects.

Will building hooks, themes, etc be impacted by using CE jars for dev but use EE jars when building or deploying? i.e. Are the libraries the same?

-Bob
thumbnail

Robert Leo Smith:
Thanks for your quick replies Greg.

It seems kind of odd to me that the Liferay IDE works for community users with Tomcat but not Enterprise Edition (paid) users with JBoss. That being said, I've downloaded the Tomcat version and now I can import projects.

Will building hooks, themes, etc be impacted by using CE jars for dev but use EE jars when building or deploying? i.e. Are the libraries the same?

-Bob

For development time, using the CE jars should be fine. There may be a fix instances of bug fixes in some component like perhaps ServiceBuilder that only works in the EE jars. But at the same time you could download the EE tomcat bundle and point your runtime to those jars and you would receive any benefits of bug fixes or patches delievered through your support account that only exist in the EE version.