Fórum

Mix preferences

thumbnail
Thomas Berg, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Mix preferences

Regular Member Postagens: 131 Data de Entrada: 07/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I would like to be able to set preferences for a portlet using different "storage classes", i.e., some prefs are company-wide while others may be unique-per-layout.
Example: I have a portlet where a URL is shared for all instances but another property for binding a tooltip should be per layout. The preferences are editable from the config-page of the portlet.

Is this possible out of the box or have someone managed to accomplish this in some other way?

Regards
Thomas
thumbnail
Riccardo Ferrari, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Mix preferences

Regular Member Postagens: 139 Data de Entrada: 13/11/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I am not sure if you want to have a different preferences owner on portlet basis or a different owner per specific portlet properties (let say prefA company, prefB layout ...)
I would suggest you to check the liferay-portlet-app_<version>.dtd and read the descritpion of:
preferences-company-wide
preferences-unique-per-layout
preferences-owned-by-group
if they fits your scenario, otherwise you should go for a custom solution that could include to have some setting read from a portal preference instead.

Best,
Riccardo
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Mix preferences

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
I had a similar requirement and I just created a configuration page within the portlet instead of using the default portlet configuration.