Fórum

best way to translate pages content with LIFERAY

Nayrouz NZ, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

best way to translate pages content with LIFERAY

New Member Postagens: 22 Data de Entrada: 27/12/12 Postagens Recentes
hi, I wanna have 2 versions of my pages content: english and frensh, for customers, now I have the content in english.
In my portal pages I did create web content portlets/custom plugin portlets/theme embed portlet and I wanna translate all this to frensh.
how to do this ?
I read about portlet localization but it seemed a bit complicated to me since I am begginer with LR environement. how about create new pages with frensh content (portlets content)?
plz I need some clarifications. I appreciate ur help !
Oliver Bayer, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: best way to translate pages content with LIFERAY

Liferay Master Postagens: 894 Data de Entrada: 18/02/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

it shouldn't be too hard if you've get the concepts once emoticon.

You don't have to create new pages for french content. Use the existing ones, navigate to manage pages, switch the language and inser the french page title. The same can be done while editing web contents (articles).

Take a look at the following wiki (translating liferay portal) to see how to change language keys for portlets.

HTH Oli
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
If you're just using Web Content portlet, Oliver's suggestion will be sufficient. If you developed your own portlet or using some other portlets, you'll have to customize the source code so it's internationalized.
Nayrouz NZ, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 22 Data de Entrada: 27/12/12 Postagens Recentes
Hitoshi Ozawa:
If you developed your own portlet or using some other portlets, you'll have to customize the source code so it's internationalized.

Hitoshi Ozawa plz can you explain more what do u mean by "customize the source code so it's internationalized"??
Thanks.
thumbnail
Prakash Khanchandani, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 329 Data de Entrada: 10/02/11 Postagens Recentes
Nayrouz NZ:
Hitoshi Ozawa plz can you explain more what do u mean by "customize the source code so it's internationalized"??
Thanks.

IMHO It simply means that you would have to customize your custom plugin portlet and include the following:
1) Language property files, one for English and the other for French for static content like button labels, title, heading, field labels etc.
2) If you allow the User to create some content in your portlet and want to display that in both French and English then you would have to modify your code to give the User option to enter French as well as English content, just like liferay does in web-content portlet.