Fórum

Liferay as producer and consumer

thumbnail
benaskar m, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Liferay as producer and consumer

Junior Member Postagens: 54 Data de Entrada: 25/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi
I want to test Liferay (liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-5.1.2) as WSRP producer and consumer. I downloaded the wsrp trunc hier.
I can now see the consumer and producer portlet but I don't now how to test it. In the forum they speek about this url:
http://localhost:8080/c/wsrp to connect to LA producer.
please hep me.
thumbnail

RE: Liferay as producer and consumer

I have nothing in http://localhost:8080/c/wsrp .
thumbnail
Sandy Pérez, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 9 Data de Entrada: 30/01/09 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

In order to test your WSRP, you must add the WSRP Consumer portlet and the WSRP Producer portlet to a certain page (e.g. Admin page) in your portal.

First of all, you must instantiate a WSRP Producer. In the WSRP producer portlet…

click on “Add Producer” button
choose a name for your producer (e.g. myProducer), select the version (e.g. 2.0 if you want to test the new WSRP 2.0 capabilities), select Registration as Required and select Inband Registration as Supported.

Now, we have a new WSRP producer instantiated :-). But, a producer that does not offer portlets is a useless one. So, we need offer some portlets through our producer. In the WSRP Producer portlet…

click on Actions button which is near our producer in the producer list and select Edit in the opened dialog.
in the publish portlets field, you must select at least one portlet from unpublished portlets, then click on Save button.

Now, our producer offers portlets, but it is disable, so we must enable it. In the WSRP Producer portlet…

click on Actions button which is near our producer in the producer list and select Edit in the dialog again.
in the Status field select “enabled” and click on the Save button.

That’s all, now, our producer is ready for serving portlets :-).

Now, we must configure our WSRP Consumer. First of all, we need to know the URL of our producer.

In order to know the URL of our producer, we can return to de WSRP Producer portlet. In the WSRP Producer portlet, click on Actions button which is near our producer in the producer list and select Edit in the opened dialog. The required URL is the value of the URL field. Now, in the WSRP Consumer portlet…

Click on “Connect to producer” button.
Fill the field with the producer URL and click on next.
Select the producer version (see previous lines) and click on Next button.
Choose a name for your producer (e.g. myWSRPProducer), select registration type as “Inband” and click on Save button.

Now our consumer knows the required data about our producer, but, our consumer does not consume any portlet from our producer. So we need install some “remote” portlets in our consumer. In the WSRP Consumer portlet…

click on Actions button which is near our producer in the producer list and select Install Portlet in the opened dialog.
choose one of the portelts offered by our producer, choose a name for such portlet and click on the Save button.

That’s all now we can install the remote portlet in our liferay in the traditional way, that is, using the “Add application” tool.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Sandy
thumbnail

Thank you very very mutch your reply is just what I need to understand.
Sal Abdul, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 23/04/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello everyone,

We have Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition 5.2 EE SP3 installed and working because we need to use liferay’s WSRP producer and consumer portlets (EE versions) and avoiding the sun portlet container because of some issues. We would like to demonstrate to one of our customers how easy it is to integrate liferay with SharePoint. The aim is to consume a liferay protlet at the SharePoint side, basically a proof of concept. However when trying to consume the liferay producer using a liferay consumer we failed to do so. This is because the producer seems to generate an invalid URL. In fact when the URL is entered into a web browser the browser redirects to liferay home. There are no errors in the console. Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Sal
thumbnail
Sandy Pérez, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 9 Data de Entrada: 30/01/09 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

I know it could be late but I’ll answer to help those with the same question. What you should do is to configure Liferay’s WSRP producer to publish the desired portlet(s) and then from SharePoint consume the portlets using the client SharePoint provides in order to do so. WSRP is a standard, so if Liferay’s WSRP producer publishes portlets in a standard way and SharePoint consume them in a standard way, you should not have any problem. It does not matter whether the producer has been developed by Liferay and the consumer has been developed by Microsoft, they speak the same language (i.e., WSRP).

Best wishes,
Sandy