Fórum

RSS and Blogs in 5.1.x

Jeff Williams, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RSS and Blogs in 5.1.x

Regular Member Postagens: 107 Data de Entrada: 15/07/08 Postagens Recentes
Is there any way to get around the fact that a user has to auth in order to see an RSS feed from a blog? If you use the url while signed out, it goes to the login page - which essentially breaks anything that isn't a browser.
thumbnail
steve rieger, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Re: [Liferay Forums][1. Installation / Deployment / Setup] RSS andBlogs in

Expert Postagens: 436 Data de Entrada: 11/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Giving access to "guest" won't correct that ?

--
Sent via Blackberry
I can be reached at 310-947-8565
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RE: RSS and Blogs in 5.1.x

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2047 Data de Entrada: 07/10/08 Postagens Recentes
I think as a workaround, if you have a public page that guests can view, add the blog to your public page and then grab the RSS url from that portlet. You can then delete the blog portlet and the RSS should still work.
Jeff Williams, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 107 Data de Entrada: 15/07/08 Postagens Recentes
Amos Fong:
I think as a workaround, if you have a public page that guests can view, add the blog to your public page and then grab the RSS url from that portlet. You can then delete the blog portlet and the RSS should still work.

This is correct. But the blogs in individual users' pages ( i suppose coming from wol ) will break, as they require authentication - even if you allow guest access.
Scott Gibson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 12/06/09 Postagens Recentes
The thing is, most of us want to still require authentication for the RSS feed. We don't want to just make it world-readable. We want it secured, but able to get to it from an external rss reader. Possible?