Fórum

upgrading a 5.1.2 lar file to 5.2

Margaret Fronczak, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

upgrading a 5.1.2 lar file to 5.2

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 25/07/08 Postagens Recentes
We are using a lar file to populate a user's private community pages. The lar was created in 5.1.2. We are currently upgrading to 5.2 and I'm getting "LAR build number 5100 does not match portal build number 5200" when i try to import the lar.

Do I have to recreate the LAR in 5.2 or is there some way to upgrade the exsisting lar file?
thumbnail
Ivan Cheung, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RE: upgrading a 5.1.2 lar file to 5.2

Regular Member Postagens: 113 Data de Entrada: 20/06/06 Postagens Recentes
As far as I know you'd have to recreate the LAR as lars are only good for the version they were created from. If something like this were to exist, the portal would need to parse the LAR, modify any changes in structure between the versions, then finally use it. It sounds like a lot of processing.. if you need this functionality, you could request it by creating a new ticket here: issues.liferay.com under the Liferay Portal Standard Edition project.
Margaret Fronczak, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 25/07/08 Postagens Recentes
Thanks for the reply Ivan.

As it turns out I had orginally created the pages for the lar under a user group before exporting them and these pages exported out of 5.2 pretty well although I had to re-attach the 5.2 theme to the pages before exporting them. For some, as yet unknown reason, when imported without re-attaching the theme before exporting the scroll bars disappeared in the browser. Re-attaching the theme before export fixed this problem but seems to have introduced another. Exsisting users with these private pages seem to have lost the scroll bars on their browser.

Curious

Again thanks!
thumbnail
Manish Kumar Gupta, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 535 Data de Entrada: 16/05/08 Postagens Recentes
I successfully imported LAR from previous version of LR to new version by changing build-number in manifest.xml.
thumbnail
Aritz Galdos, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 416 Data de Entrada: 15/05/07 Postagens Recentes
I think Changing build may work, but may not.

i.e. I think in content exported (i.e articles)in version 5.1 do not have the instance-id attribute in the dynamic-element tags whereas in version 5.2 there are instance-id attributes. It is just an example.

I this the best way to preceed in this case is to upgrade the system from 5.1 to latest 5.2 and then do the export the way the LAR you obtain should be perfect for the same liferay 5.2 version.

The upgrade could be done in a separate and temporal copy ( I mean database copy ...) just for safety.

Hope it helps