Fórum

Document Library folder for each user

Zhou Wu, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Document Library folder for each user

New Member Postagens: 11 Data de Entrada: 20/12/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi there,

I want to each user to have its own Document Library folder -- preferably with its screen name under the Document Library folder. Each such a folder should be owned by the user. The default behavior is the owner has all permissions, others don't have any permissions (only the owner/admin decide if others have more permissions). It will be nice if the folder can be created when user is created. How can I do this?
Ayan Dave, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RE: Document Library folder for each user

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 21/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hey,

Did you find a solution to this? I need to do the same thing as well.

Thanks
Ayan

Zhou Wu:
Hi there,

I want to each user to have its own Document Library folder -- preferably with its screen name under the Document Library folder. Each such a folder should be owned by the user. The default behavior is the owner has all permissions, others don't have any permissions (only the owner/admin decide if others have more permissions). It will be nice if the folder can be created when user is created. How can I do this?
Boden Larson, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 200 Data de Entrada: 10/07/08 Postagens Recentes
I don't think you can do this the way you'd like. Programatically it may be possible to add a folder as a user, in which case that user would have the owner role on the folder. However, there are issues with the document library's security. You said that you want a user to have the owner role, and everyone else should not have any access. Unfortunately files created in a folder do not inherit the permissions of the folder itself, so by default community members will have view permissions on the actual files. Even if the user sets the permissions manually on every file he adds, the filenames still show up in Recent Documents for all users. I filed a bug about these issues yesterday.

Problems like this exist in other portlets too, like blogs and message boards. The best way to handle security is community-wide.

What you should be able to do is create a template with a document library that will be created for each new user added to the portal, belonging to a specific user group. The new user will see his document library instance when viewing his own public or private page. I haven't done this, but there are instructions on templating in the administrator's guide.
Anna W, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 05/05/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi!

Did you find a solution to your problem? I try to do sth similar. I want to restrict folder to be accessible only to group of people in community. I tried with permissions and user roles however still everyone can access the folder and files.