Fórum

Introducing the Liferay Translation Team

thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Introducing the Liferay Translation Team

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2871 Data de Entrada: 31/08/06 Postagens Recentes
Hey guys,

As a first step to give credit to everyone that is helping by contributing a translation I've created a page for the Liferay Translation Team. You can access it here:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Liferay+Translation+Team

The page is still greatly incomplete but I've already added those of you that have been active in this new forum category in the last few days.

You have also contributed translations in the past and your name isn't listed here? In that case add a reply to this message with a link to the JIRA ticket were you contributed.
thumbnail
Corné ., modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Terminology aid

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1313 Data de Entrada: 03/10/06 Postagens Recentes
I use this Microsoft file to aid me in translations.

AFAIK we can use it legally;

Permission Notice

The Microsoft "Terms of Use" (available at the www.microsoft.com website) govern all terminology data in this document ("Terminology Data").  

The following terms and conditions also apply. If there is any conflict between the Terms of Use and the following terms and conditions, the following terms and conditions will take precedence over the Terms of Use. 
1.      You may use the Terminology Data in the development of any application software, or you may use the Terminology Data for personal or non-commercial purposes.
2.      You may copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, or publish the Terminology Data for personal or non-commercial purposes only, and only if all copies contain this permission notice and the Microsoft copyright notice in the Terms of Use.
3.      You are not permitted to make any modifications, deletions, or additions to the Terminology Data.
4.      Except as expressly set forth above, Microsoft’s publication of the Terminology Data does not grant any rights to use, distribute, or implement any technology or intellectual property rights.  All rights not expressly granted herein are expressly reserved by Microsoft.
thumbnail

RE: Terminology aid

Hi Corné,

It seems you can, since it says "You may use the Terminology Data in the development of any application software". In any case you may want to double check with someone with better law knowledge.
Mahipalsinh Rana, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Terminology aid

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 30/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Talking about Legal , I do have question about Google Translation API , can we use to translate Liferay like we use Babel Fish
thumbnail
László Fülöp, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RE: Introducing the Liferay Translation Team

New Member Postagens: 9 Data de Entrada: 05/02/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Everyone!
We started to translate the Social Office to Hungarian.
I hope this is the place to say I'm volunteering (as mentioned here http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Liferay+Translation+Team )
When I say "we" I mean that my company has a Liferay SO project and wish to contribute the translation when it's ready and tested.
Since I haven't found one, I have also created a JIRA issue (SOS-49) as asked.
thumbnail

Hi László,

Welcome to the team!

Let us know when you have the translation ready.
thumbnail
László Fülöp, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 9 Data de Entrada: 05/02/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Jorge!

We have finished the translation (long ago), but when I submitted the patch (SOS-49) it has been rejected, now I know only because I wasn't in the Official Translator List.
So what do I have to do to get in the OTL? We have both Social Office and Liferay translation ready. When can I submit it for the greater good?

Regards:
László
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1668 Data de Entrada: 15/07/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi László,

just upload your diff files to a new LPS, type Improvement and mark the Component: Localization.

I recommend you to open a new thread in this forum for Hungarian Language, so that it gets more visibility and you can post there every time you make an update so that we can include it in the next release.

Now, you are oficially part of the Translation Team and you have become the leader of the Hungarian Language. Please, subscribe to this category of the forums and read carefully this wiki page: http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Translating%20Liferay%20to%20a%20New%20Language

Let us know when you upload your files so that we can include them to the portal.

Thanks a lot!
thumbnail
Cristiano Gavião, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 13/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I would like to know how is being the work for Brazilian Portuguese Translation... I would like to help on it.

On 5.2 version for while is impossible to use it on this language because it is understandable for most people that works with me.

regards

Cristiano
thumbnail
Thiago Moreira, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1449 Data de Entrada: 10/10/07 Postagens Recentes
Hi Cristiano,

You can join our group here http://groups.google.com/group/liferay_translation_pt_br

Um abraço
thumbnail
Kyrre Myrbostad, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 37 Data de Entrada: 21/01/09 Postagens Recentes
Hello folks!

I'm a developer at the Norwegian University of Technology and Science where we will be migrating to Liferay soon. I have taken a few peeks at the norwegian translations and found some bugs. We will shortly begin cleaning up some of the language files and we would be happy to contribute this back to the community.

If there are others in Norway using Liferay I'd also very much like to get in touch.
thumbnail

Hi Kyrre,

right now there is nobody in charge of it. Would you like to be the Norwegian Language Leader? If you accept, from now on, we would ask anybody trying to edit the Norwegian Language files to have your approval first. Is that ok for you?

Cheers!
thumbnail
Kyrre Myrbostad, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 37 Data de Entrada: 21/01/09 Postagens Recentes
That's fine by me. In other words, I accept.
thumbnail

Ok Kyrre, you are part of the Translation Team now! (Please, change the size of your image in the portal as you will see it is really bigger than the rest.... emoticon

It's very important that you subscribe to this category so that you get notified if somebody else wants to colaborate in the Norweigan translation and read this before working on the translation.

Thanks a lot!
Speak soon!