Fórum

How to remove Journal title from Asset Publisher

Giuseppe Fierro, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

How to remove Journal title from Asset Publisher

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 23/12/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi, I'm new to Liferay.
I'm trying to set up a portal for my company using Asset Publisher for display Journal Article using Tags.
So the question is:
is possible to remove Journal Title (see attached image) using a template or similar or I have to modify the source of Asset Publisher Portlet?

Thank for your great work

Sorry for my bad English
ignacio plasencia, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RE: How to remove Journal title from Asset Publisher

Junior Member Postagens: 44 Data de Entrada: 08/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Giuseppe!

you can remove the titles of articles in the Asset Publisher.
you have to remove a line of code in the "display-full-content.jsp", specifically the line 171:

<h3 class="journal-content-title"><%= title %></h3>

In this way only removes the title of the article when we have the portlet set to "Full content" in the Display Settings menu.
I worked. Try it yourself and tell me if you also work.

Bye!
Giuseppe Fierro, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 23/12/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Ignacio
Tanks a lot for yours reply, work for me too.

So the right answers is to edit the source code of the asset publisher portlet and when I upgrade the Portal to new version I have to reply this editing....

Tanks again

Bye
Andrew Gruhn, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 17 Data de Entrada: 09/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Ugh - thanks for the response. We'll follow this route.

But, if I may gripe for a second: The controls interface of Liferay assumes that Content Admins of a LifeRay environment are Java Developers, and as Liferay grows this will absolutely not be the case. Informational Architects dealing with content and the display of content, and Java Developers dealing with code are absolutely different types of individuals with entirely different skill sets. A developer doing IA is as terrifyingly-awful an idea as a Informational Architect doing Java development.

In short, the day-to-day configuration of content on the front end should be entirely accessible and separate from development on the back end. [/gripe]
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6400 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Andrew Gruhn:
The controls interface of Liferay assumes that Content Admins of a LifeRay environment are Java Developers, and as Liferay grows this will absolutely not be the case.

From what I've seen during the last few versions, Liferay Portal is steadily moving in this direction. However, as adoption grows, the previously implemented usecases for the portal and portlets most likely aren't broad enough. You can easily see that some portlets have been implemented with different assumptions than others - I believe the asset publisher is such a beast, that has once been created to serve a specialized purpose and is now constantly being generalized to meet broader needs.

The good message, even with the current state of requiring to patch some jsps or Java code is, that it is always possible to do so - everything is available. Patching on this level is thankfully not a day-to-day job, but concentrates around the time of introducing a new feature or setting up the initial site. Once the patch has been done and deployed, operation can take place without the need to access this level. I'd phrase it so that Content Admins with detailed plans about what to realize can make good use of initial support from java-developers.

I believe that the need for detailed java knowledge will decrease with the next versions, but especially during the early implementation some more technical knowledge than that of the day-to-day Content Admin will continue to help tremendously.
thumbnail
Rishi Dev Gupta, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 255 Data de Entrada: 23/11/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Giuseppe

You can go for this change by second way also

By doing it through css.

You have to set this override the css class used for the title on the portlet through admin side using the "Look and Feel" functionality. Here you will find a tab named "Advanced styling" where you can give your css class.
The css will be directly stored into the database.
The configurations screen five you the option to do it for this for current portlet instance on page or all instances with in the site.