Fórum

New to Lifray 6.1

Ali Salem, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New to Lifray 6.1

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 30/11/12 Postagens Recentes
Ok. I got liferay 6.1 installed, looked at online documentation, did few things on the Liferay startup example which starts with the Liferay logo then the message "Welcome to Liferay Portal ". Now how do I start new portal?? for examples in some other development environment, you will find some thing like "Start New Project" where you can start a new portal with your own content. Help please.
thumbnail
Manish Kumar, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: New to Lifray 6.1

Junior Member Postagens: 93 Data de Entrada: 02/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Hello Ali,
For using the out of box portlets, you simply get logged in and open your control panel from the doc bar. There lots of facilities you have been provided like adding page cutomizing themes layout and all those. Just you need to get it and explore those. There is add in docbar also from where you can add portlets and pages to you portal.
You can create your own custom portlet and use those also.

Hope this will help you.
Thanks,
Manish Kumar.
Ali Salem, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 30/11/12 Postagens Recentes
Thank you Manish,
I looked at the control panel and thought I will find an option or an item when I click on it will open a new "portal" and get rid of the default portal that opens up on the start of the Tomcat server. Now I always have to work with the portal that has the "What We Do" "Who Is Using Liferay" "Liferay Benefits" etc. Is there any way of starting fresh without the Lifray stuff??.
Many thanks
Ali
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Try installing liferay war file on existing tomcat server.

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/lp-6-1-ugen11-installing-liferay-on-an-existing-application-server-0
thumbnail
Manish Kumar, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 93 Data de Entrada: 02/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Hello Ali,
Actually this is a new portal for you. The portal which you see in the start of tomcat is just the simple page. If you do not like that just delete those pages and make a new pages of your like and add your portlet, you want difference, create your own custom portlet. Its all very cool to use. But be careful before deleting default pages, make a page you will not delete and add the login portlet there first. Other wise you will be getting extra work for getting that.

Thanks,
Manish Kumar