Fórum

Asset Publisher user scope

Becas Kostas, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Asset Publisher user scope

Junior Member Postagens: 28 Data de Entrada: 30/08/12 Postagens Recentes
Hey,

The scanario is:

Each user has an asset publisher (user scope) portlet in his public pages for adding content with specific structure and template.
How can i get these asset in a asset publisher in public pages of the site (not the user public pages). Is it possible?

The use of global scope does not meet my requirements. Think the following senario

User 1 has an asset publisher for displaying the last 5 webcontents he adds and to add new content. If the scope is global then if user_2 adds content then that content will be vissible at user_1 asset publisher.

I need the same functionality as blogs, where the scope can be users.

Is it possible or i need to create a custom portlet for that?
thumbnail
Bart Simpson, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Asset Publisher user scope (Resposta)

Liferay Master Postagens: 522 Data de Entrada: 29/08/11 Postagens Recentes
I am not sure if it's entirely possible with hooks. The idea basically is that each user's (own) assets are stored with his groupId. So you need to identify the groupid's of the user's you want to list the assets of. Then passing these groupid's to asset publisher's jsp's / classes to fetch and render the content should do the trick.
You can also create custom portlet if you don't really need all the other functionality of Asset publisher.
Becas Kostas, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Asset Publisher user scope

Junior Member Postagens: 28 Data de Entrada: 30/08/12 Postagens Recentes
yes, i think it is better to use my custom portlet instead of hooking the asset publisher. I think it should be default option for liferay. Maybe in next releases..

Thanks for the quick reply bart.