Fórum

Web Content Display and Related Assets Portlet

Balaji Chopparapu, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Web Content Display and Related Assets Portlet

New Member Postagens: 22 Data de Entrada: 08/10/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Can Related Assets portlet display the related asset that are associated to webconent displayed in "Web Content Display" portlet?
I tried it but it is not working. The same thing is working with "Asset Publisher Portlet".

Please advice.
Balaji
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Web Content Display and Related Assets Portlet

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Balaji Chopparapu:
Hi,

Can Related Assets portlet display the related asset that are associated to webconent displayed in "Web Content Display" portlet?
I tried it but it is not working. The same thing is working with "Asset Publisher Portlet".

Please advice.
Balaji

The Related Assets portlet and Web Content Display portlet currently do not communicate. Follow this issue to be notified when it is implemented (or take a crack at the implementation yourself! I'm sure Juan would appreciate it!)
Balaji Chopparapu, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 22 Data de Entrada: 08/10/10 Postagens Recentes
Thanks James. If I fixed the bug. I will contribute it back.
thumbnail
Michele Zanarotti, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 94 Data de Entrada: 20/02/12 Postagens Recentes
I think i have the same problem, but i wish to be sure:

I'm linking a lot of document media files to a web content. I save the settings and come back to the page view.
I see them displayed at the bottom of my web content under the title 'Related Assets'

Every related asset link is written like this (with changing ids) :
http://localhost:8080/en_GB/c/document_library/find_file_entry?p_l_id=10839&noSuchEntryRedirect=viewFullContentURLString&fileEntryId=13923

Are those links correct ? if I click one of them I'm redirected to the same page.

Is this the same you are experiencing ?

What is the purpose to make webcontent communicate with related assets portlet ? i only want to access those documents.
Ciprian Pavel, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 04/10/12 Postagens Recentes
Same issue for me!
Did you find a solution?

Thanks,
Ciprian
thumbnail
Michele Zanarotti, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 94 Data de Entrada: 20/02/12 Postagens Recentes
'm not really sure, time has passed since this issue was confirmed. But i think I switched to another way of doing things.

Web content in our liferay sites is showing it's related assets inside the web content display portlet. Actually I don't remember if it's a hook (i don't think so). In any case I did hook the view of related assets to bring me to direct download of media documents, because no one was interested to see them in a media manager.