Fórum

Replicate core portlet

Luca Lupo, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Replicate core portlet

Regular Member Postagens: 106 Data de Entrada: 01/10/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi Guys,

I'm going to embrace one of the greatest challenge of my Liferay life emoticon, creating a portlet that replicates most of the behavior of the Asset Publisher portlet by using directly its code. I already know that at the moment I'm going to copy and paste the entire code of the original portlet (Asset Publisher) I will have a lot of errors because of the dependencies.

My question is: do I have to solve all of those dependencies (a lotttt) or there is a better way to copy an entire existing portlet and to modify it (without extending, I need a brand new portlet).

Thanks

Luca
thumbnail
Vishal Panchal, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Replicate core portlet

Expert Postagens: 289 Data de Entrada: 20/05/12 Postagens Recentes
Luca Lupo:
Hi Guys,

I'm going to embrace one of the greatest challenge of my Liferay life emoticon, creating a portlet that replicates most of the behavior of the Asset Publisher portlet by using directly its code. I already know that at the moment I'm going to copy and paste the entire code of the original portlet (Asset Publisher) I will have a lot of errors because of the dependencies.

My question is: do I have to solve all of those dependencies (a lotttt) or there is a better way to copy an entire existing portlet and to modify it (without extending, I need a brand new portlet).

Thanks

Luca

Hi Luca,

As I never tried myself but according to this link you will able to replicate the OOTB portlet.

Hope It will help you..!

Thanks&Regards,
Vishal R. Panchal

Well...if I understood properly...and I'm not sure of this, because the guide is a bit confusing (it doesn't specify a lot of things)....it is not working

Any other hints?

What about if i just copy all the portlet code in my own portlet? How can i satisfy the 10000 dependencies?