Fórum

Importing /webs projects in Liferay IDE / Developer Studio

thumbnail
Chris Becker, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Importing /webs projects in Liferay IDE / Developer Studio

Regular Member Postagens: 112 Data de Entrada: 11/06/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi;

I am trying to import the kaleo-web 6.1.10 source code into Developer Studio, and having issues with the import.

All of the documentation I have found or received involving importing projects provide examples dealing with portlets, layouts, hooks, etc., but nothing speaks to projects that live in the /webs folder of the SDK.

Here is my question - how would I get the source of the kaleo-web application imported into the Developer studio / Liferay IDE so that 1) it would compile correctly and 2) I would subsequently be able to modify it?

Regards,

--Chris
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Importing /webs projects in Liferay IDE / Developer Studio

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey Chris,

Here is a recipe for how you could do that:
  • Checkout the Kaleo web 6.1.0 source project here: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/tree/6.1.x/webs/kaleo-web
  • Take the source download you have for 6.1.10 and overwrite the artifacts in the version you checked out
  • import this project as a normal java project in Developer Studio (not as a Liferay project as -web type plugins are not supported)
  • Then do you modifications and when you are ready to deploy, use the build.xml ant deploy task

Let me know if you have any trouble with these steps and I can try to help out.
thumbnail

Hi Gregory;

Thanks for the response!

I followed your instruction, imported the project as a normal java project (used the project from existing source option).

But when the project gets loaded into Developer Studio, it is still looking for the portal-trunk project on the build path, and several java Libraries are found to be missing.

I was able to resolve the missing libraries issues, but not the missing portal-trunk project, which appears to be a required project.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

--Chris
thumbnail

Hey Chris,

You will need to checkout the portal trunk source. In your case you would want the 6.1.0 source which should be this one:

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/tree/73c2fa07b6d1ce2d0b52d290fda7c859ed3ec5d9

Into your eclipse workspace and then those portal-trunk references will compile.
thumbnail

HI Gregory;

Again, thanks for the reply - I believe I am getter closer!

I followed your (second set of) instructions, and got portal-trunk successfully into the workspace. When I attempt to build the kaleo source, I am still getting a number of compile errors, many of which are of the type 'cannot find symbol' (there are other errors as well).

I have attached a the console log so you could see the errors that are being generated - I think something must be missing from the build path, but not sure what.

Regards,

--Chris
thumbnail

Hey Chris,

Does your build.<user>.properties point to a valid bundle that is the same version ? 6.1.0? It needs that to satisfy the dependencies.
thumbnail

Hi Greg;

Yes, I believe that I have this set up properly.

I took a closer look at some of the errors in the attached error log, starting with the initial ones that appeared to be dealing with a package named com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.

I looked in the portal_trunk project, as well as the contents of the portal_service.jar in the bundle, and could not find this package listed. The closest I could find was a package entitled com.liferay.portal.kernel.templateparser. But this is not the package that the code is looking for.

--Chris