Fórum

Remote Liferay Server on Fedora 17

Ray Elenteny, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Remote Liferay Server on Fedora 17

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 26/08/12 Postagens Recentes
I am unable to get the remote Liferay server feature for IDE 6.1.0 to deploy assets. I am using a downloaded JBoss 6.1.1 bundled release of Liferay. I believe I have the latest versions of all supporting files installed as well. When running Eclipse, the Eclipse appears to connect to the JBoss server. I see the JBoss log file in the console view. I add a simple Liferay project, which I've tested on a local Tomcat deployment, to the JBoss remote server. When I attempt to deploy, I get a message, "Could not publish to the server: NullPointerException." Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Remote Liferay Server on Fedora 17

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey Ray,

Can you post the entire error stacktrace from the eclipse error log (window > show view > General > error log)?

Thanks!

Below is the stack trace. Last night I was playing with this some more and what I've figured out is that the problem is with SDK projects written using the 6.1.0 SDK, which is how I started this project. I started with a clean 6.1.1 sample portlet, and was able to publish ok. I moved the 6.1.0 projects to the 6.1.1 SDK directory. I poked around the 6.1.0 and 6.1.1 projects, and nothing jumped out at me regarding differences. The Eclipse projects appear to be linked to the 6.1.1 SDK. I adjust the server to use the Tomcat 6.1.1 stub server as well. It's looking more like a 6.1.0 to 6.1.1 SDK upgrade issue that I've missed rather than a remote publishing issue. I hope this description helps a bit. Thanks!

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.util.ServerUtil.getRuntimeAdapter(ServerUtil.java:441)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.util.ServerUtil.getRuntime(ServerUtil.java:412)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.util.LiferayPublishHelper.prePublishModule(LiferayPublishHelper.java:55)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.remote.RemoteServerBehavior.publishModule(RemoteServerBehavior.java:424)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModule(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1046)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModules(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1138)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:955)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:774)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3108)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:345)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

I was able to solve the issue. Looking at the stack trace, I went on a search for information regarding the runtime environments. Even though my project indicated that it was associated with the Tomcat 6.1.1 install, the runtime environment for the pre-existing Eclipse projects was not updated with the Tomcat 6.1.1 runtime. I adjusted each Eclipse project associating it with the Tomcat runtime environment and each project now works.

The one remaining issue is that although I can see the Liferay Portlet Plugin API in the Java libraries list of my pre-existing projects, it does not contain references to any libraries. In the new created project, there are several libraries listed including util-java, util-taglib and util-bridges. I will keep looking at the Eclipse project configurations, but if you're aware of how that might happen when moving projects to a new release, I'd appreciate the insight.

Thanks!

Solved the last issue. When I re-associated the Liferay Plugin API library to the 6.1.0 projects, the .classpath file had this entry:

<classpathentry kind="con" path="com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.plugin.container/portlet" />

I looked at the newly created portlet project, and the .classpath entry for Liferay looked as follows:

<classpathentry kind="con" path="com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.plugin.container/portlet">
   <attributes>
      <attribute name="org.eclipse.jst.component.nondependency" value="" />
   </attributes>
</classpathentry>

I updated the classpath entry in the 6.1.0 project, and this last remaining issue was addressed.

The whole issue focused on upgrading the Liferay projects from 6.1.0 to 6.1.1 using Eclipse. Is there a documented procedure for doing this, so I would be able to avoid this problem in the future?

Thanks,