Fórum

Internal linking question

Marina Ra, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Internal linking question

Junior Member Postagens: 56 Data de Entrada: 13/07/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi all!

I have a general question just for my understanding:

What exactly does Liferay do with internal links (e.g. links between articles of a knowledge base) after export/import? I have included a screenshot to demonstrate my point (don´t mind the german content):

this is a truncated screenie of a knowledge base article that includes 3 child articles with links to it (pointer no. 1). In the content of the actual article I use some keywords as internal links as well to directly point to the child article (or any other related article -- see pointer no. 2).

Both links (pointer 1 + 2) use the exact same URL to call the child article! Now when I export my Knowledge Base to another portal all articles receive new primKeys (which are embedded in the URL also) leaving my internal text links broken. The auto-generated links however (pointer no. 1) receive those new primKeys which is why they still work on the new portal. My question now is: what exactly is liferay doing to change those URLs according to the new primKeys and WHY does it not do that with my hand-made links??

Is there a workaround to make my links change primKeys too? this has been bugging me for weeks now

anyways thanks for reading
kind regards
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Internal linking question

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
How many times do you plan on posting this?

maybe until i get an answer? I wouldn´t if I wasn´t so desperately trying to get this to work
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Well if you got no answer that doesn't mean people are ignoring you, it means they don't know the answer.

How much of the code have you tried digging through to find out what the difference is? That's the way most of us figure out problems when the forum doesn't provide an answer...

thanks for the reply...yeah i know you´re right sorry...i was just surprised that i was the only one with that issue. and as for the code ... i´m not a programmer which is probably why i haven´t found a solution yet emoticon