Fórum

Hooks is not getting Deployed in Staging Server

thumbnail
Nithin KV, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Hooks is not getting Deployed in Staging Server

Junior Member Postagens: 56 Data de Entrada: 23/07/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I have modified Image Gallery using Hooks in Liferay 5.2. I am using Netbeans and Glassfish 2.1. When i Deploy the hook in my local server , changes to the jsp's are getting reflected. But when i deploy it in my staging server, none of the changes are getting reflected and it is not displaying any error in the Server Logs. Is there any problem with the hook Deployment ?.. Does it need to be deployed in any other way?? .. I am not able to figure out the exact reason. Kindly provide me the solution if you got any.. emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Hooks is not getting Deployed in Staging Server

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Sure, give me access to your staging system and I'll log in and check it out...

Seriously, there's absolutely no info here that would allow anyone to help you. Is there anything in the server logs to indicate the hook deployed? Did it fail in some way? How different is the staging system from your local system? Do you have things deployed locally that are not in staging? Are you using the same database for both environments? What about differences in portal-ext.properties?
thumbnail
Nishikant sapkal, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 80 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Nithin KV:
Hi,

I have modified Image Gallery using Hooks in Liferay 5.2. I am using Netbeans and Glassfish 2.1. When i Deploy the hook in my local server , changes to the jsp's are getting reflected. But when i deploy it in my staging server, none of the changes are getting reflected and it is not displaying any error in the Server Logs. Is there any problem with the hook Deployment ?.. Does it need to be deployed in any other way?? .. I am not able to figure out the exact reason. Kindly provide me the solution if you got any.. emoticon

If you are hooking changes are only in jsp , you can follow the below approach to track whether hook is deployed properly -

If you have made changes in view.jsp of image gallery portlet.
1} go to the location $tomcat_home\webapps\ROOT\html\portlet\image_gallery
2} See if there is file created with the name view.portal.jsp
3} Open file view.jsp and check if your changes are there?
thumbnail
Nithin KV, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 56 Data de Entrada: 23/07/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi I have Checked the Path that you mentioned in my staging server and there are no *.portal.jsp files getting created in the folder path /html/portlet/image_gallery.. But in my local Server all the *.portal.jsp files are getting created. what are the files i should check in my staging server so that hook will get deployed in staging server like how it is getting deployed in my local server.
thumbnail
Nishikant sapkal, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 80 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Nithin KV:
Hi I have Checked the Path that you mentioned in my staging server and there are no *.portal.jsp files getting created in the folder path /html/portlet/image_gallery.. But in my local Server all the *.portal.jsp files are getting created. what are the files i should check in my staging server so that hook will get deployed in staging server like how it is getting deployed in my local server.

Just copy the $tomcat_home\webapps\ROOT\html\portlet\image_gallery from your local server to staging server and restart your web server. emoticon