Fórum

unable to delete 7 cogs sample data

Pari Pari, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

unable to delete 7 cogs sample data

New Member Postagens: 15 Data de Entrada: 02/07/12 Postagens Recentes
i am using liferay 6.0.6 bundled with tomcat 6. I want to remove the 7 cogs sample data. I have tried the hot undeploy by using manage-->control panel-->plugin inatallation.
but i cant find the 7cogs hook plugin there.

then i tried removing Iportal script and properties files from liferay home/data/hsql folder. But nothing changed.

Please help...its urgent
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: unable to delete 7 cogs sample data

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14918 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
It is not urgent because you're using HSQL.

Anyways, just start over with a new bundle. Before launching tomcat the first time, get rid of the sevencogs items in the webapps directory.

u mean to say i can go ahead with my development n remove sample data later????? if thats the case, please let me know how????

I tried deleting 7 cogs items in same bundle as i was using before ( 3 folders in liferay/tomcat/webapps directory ) bt by doing that, nothing really changes, i still see the same welcome page with same users, bruno,michelle etc and test@liferay.com. After this i tried agian n removed the same three 7 cogs directories from liferay/tomcat/wrok/catalina.....but the same users and welcome page can still be seen and working. Any Solutions??????
thumbnail

sevencogs has special startup code to populate the database, including creating a new welcome page w/ all of the sevencogs resources (images, etc.).

Deleting the sevencogs items after the fact will not remove any of this from the database.

You're just using HSQL, so it's no big deal. Delete your current bundle and start with a fresh one (deleting sevencogs stuff before you start it). Re-deploy your artifacts into the fresh bundle, and you're good to go...
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
then i tried removing Iportal script and properties files from liferay home/data/hsql folder. But nothing changed.

Shouldn't directly modify lportal.script file because many liferay tables are interdependent and cause error to heppen.

Did you delete the 7cogs war directory from webapps?

What David is saying is that you shouldn't plan on using hypersonic for production. If you were thinking about migration your
hypersonic to a database afterward, David's replies won't hold.

The fact is, you shouldn't have used application server liferay bundle (e.g. tomcat bundle) to develop production server sites.
If you've created pages, try to export/import these pages to see if they are be moved over to a new production development environment.

well sir i am new to liferay and there is not much of work that i have done, so i can do it again, that is not much of a problem. What i want to do is develop a website with liferay that does not have the welcome page n other users and has pages, users and roles that i want. I would prefer to use HSQL but if that is a bad option then i can use mysql. Please let me know how to do it????

Hitoshi Ozawa:

Shouldn't directly modify lportal.script file because many liferay tables are interdependent and cause error to heppen.

Did you delete the 7cogs war directory from webapps?

What David is saying is that you shouldn't plan on using hypersonic for production. If you were thinking about migration your
hypersonic to a database afterward, David's replies won't hold.

The fact is, you shouldn't have used application server liferay bundle (e.g. tomcat bundle) to develop production server sites.
If you've created pages, try to export/import these pages to see if they are be moved over to a new production development environment.

Sir i found three 7cogs directories in liferay/tomcat/webapps i.e. 7cogs hook, 7cogs mobile theme and 7cogs theme . There was no directory by the name, " 7cogs war". So i do not know where to remove it from?????
thumbnail

Remove all of the 7cogs guys before starting Liferay the first time.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Sorry, you're using tomcat so there won't be any directory name containing war. Follow David's advice and delete all three 7cogs directories before starting liferay for the first time.
I usually disable setup wizard and delete other portlet directories which I'm not going to use.