Fórum

Session expiry not properly functioning ( in Liferay 5.2.3)

Suresh Kumar, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Session expiry not properly functioning ( in Liferay 5.2.3)

Junior Member Postagens: 47 Data de Entrada: 09/05/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi All,

I am using Liferay 5.2.3. Here is my problem.

-- Session expiry not properly functioning if portal is accessed in multiple browser tabs
-- The session timeout is 30 minutes. Login to the site and open a second tab, on tab 1 click around the site regularly, and do nothing on tab 2.
-- After 30 minutes the session on tab 2 will timeout meaning tab 1 will also timeout. This shouldn’t happen as the user has been using the site in tab 1.

Please give if you have any solutions for the above.

Thanks in advance
Suresh
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Session expiry not properly functioning ( in Liferay 5.2.3)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Session timeout is managed via javascript in the browser. If nothing goes on in tab 2, the javascript timer there will expire and timeout the session.

Session is scoped at the browser level (not the tab level) and therefore tab 1 also gets timed out.

Nothing you can do about this...
Suresh Kumar, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Session expiry not properly functioning ( in Liferay 5.2.3)

Junior Member Postagens: 47 Data de Entrada: 09/05/12 Postagens Recentes
David H Nebinger:
Session timeout is managed via javascript in the browser. If nothing goes on in tab 2, the javascript timer there will expire and timeout the session.

Session is scoped at the browser level (not the tab level) and therefore tab 1 also gets timed out.

Nothing you can do about this...

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. But in 6.1, its working fine. Could you please help how they have done it in 6.1. (I will implement the same in our project)

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Suresh