Fórum

Members presentations

thumbnail
marc barto, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Members presentations

New Member Postagens: 17 Data de Entrada: 18/07/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi all

This is the place to tell a bit about yourself!

- Name / short bio
- City
- For how long you've been using liferay and what do you use it for?
- What do you expect from this group? (e.g: tutorials, assistance, friendly chats, real life or skype meetings...)

Plus feel free to add comments and suggestions about how we should organise ourselves

So here is a bit about me:

- I'm Marc, media maker and trainer in London, trying to help build a community around the LR CMS so we can all learn, share and build cool projects on Liferay. If you want to have a look at the community page on meetup it's here.

Now it's your turn!
thumbnail
Gloria Cheung, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Members presentations

New Member Postagens: 5 Data de Entrada: 08/02/12 Postagens Recentes
Okay I'll go emoticon

I'm Gloria, and I'm on the Liferay UK team based in London. Part of my job is to support the community (i.e., YOU!) and to help it grow through user group events, social networks, etc...

So join up! Join the group on Liferay.com, and come to the meet ups. We're a nice bunch. Let us know how we can support you emoticon
thumbnail
lou cat, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 196 Data de Entrada: 26/01/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi guys!

I'll use this thread to ask a couple of questions if you don't mind, but first of all I'll introduce myself ;)

I'm Luisa, Italian but living and working in London as a software developer mainly focused on web and liferay, in all its aspects emoticon
I've been using Liferay for 1 year and a half, and I hope this user group will help increasing my knowledge of the technology.

I've been to a meetup in London many months ago but I didn't have the chance to go to the more recent ones, so here are my questions:

1) when is the next London meetup? any idea?

2) do you maybe know anything about the next Liferay training in London? I missed the June ones and I hope there will be others soon

3) is there a way to add the link of this usergroup in my liferay profile/account? I was expecting to find it easily once I log in here, but maybe the only way is to save the link in my browser favourites?

thanks guys and hope to meet you soon!
thumbnail
Gloria Cheung, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Hi Luisa!

There's no confirmed date yet for the next London meetup - why don't you go ahead and suggest one? We can offer a space - is there a date that would work for you? We usually aim for Tuesday evenings after work. Would you be willing to share what you've been working on with Liferay?

The next trainings will be in October, and actual dates will be confirmed this week or next. I'll send you an email!

Not sure about point 3 - maybe one of the techies can jump in and answer...
thumbnail
lou cat, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 196 Data de Entrada: 26/01/12 Postagens Recentes
Thank you for your quick reply Gloria!

Tuesday wouldn't be the best choice for me but I'll make an exception, I guess any date after mid July would work for me... unless everyone else is escaping in some holiday resort emoticon
I can certainly share something of my work with Liferay, if you're thinking of something short and informal...
thumbnail
Gloria Cheung, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Day of the week doesn't really matter - people just tend to be busier or have personal plans later in the week rather than earlier I think. We probably are getting into peak holiday season though in late July/August. How about early September? You could go ahead and suggest a date on the meetup.com group page. That's the easiest way to see if anyone else is interested emoticon

Short and informal is fine! It'd be cool to see what you're working on emoticon