Fórum

Can't access site

thumbnail
Hery Sutanto, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Can't access site

Junior Member Postagens: 81 Data de Entrada: 04/06/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

I am new to Liferay, I have installed Liferay portal in my local computer..... Then I change some setting in my portal through control panel on the access... then suddenly
I cannot access the site anymore.... This message is prompted out : 'This site is inactive. Please contact the administrator.'

Is there anyone here encounter the same problem?? Any solution to this matter??
I have researched on the web, and someone suggesting me to execute this query on Liferay database :

UPDATE group_ SET active = 1 WHERE name = '<name of your site>'

Unfortunately I also don't know how to access the database, I am using the Hypersonic database that come along with Liferay. Can anyone help me on this matter?

Thank you.
thumbnail
Patrick Wolf, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Can't access site

Regular Member Postagens: 127 Data de Entrada: 15/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Hery,

It's difficult to say at first glance. What kind of setting changes did you make before you could not access the portal anymore? In the directory data/hsql there is a file called lportal.script which contains the schema and data. Before editing it, you have to stop liferay. But you have to be careful and know exactly what you are doing before changing anything in this file. If you have just made a fresh install of the Liferay bundle, I would recommend you to reinstall it from scratch.

Best regards,
--
Patrick
thumbnail

Patrick Wolf:
Hi Hery,

It's difficult to say at first glance. What kind of setting changes did you make before you could not access the portal anymore? In the directory data/hsql there is a file called lportal.script which contains the schema and data. Before editing it, you have to stop liferay. But you have to be careful and know exactly what you are doing before changing anything in this file. If you have just made a fresh install of the Liferay bundle, I would recommend you to reinstall it from scratch.

Best regards,
--
Patrick

Hi Patrick, the last thing that I remembered is that I was changing the site membership. I changed it to restricted and then change it to private just for testing purposes, few hours later I can't access my site anymore. Yeah I did what you suggest, I reinstall the whole thing again from the scratch. Now how do I configure the database in the basic configuration, I want to use sql server so I choose sql server and entered the username and password. But it can't complete the configuration. Any suggestion on this matter?

Thanks,

Hery
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1744 Data de Entrada: 06/11/08 Postagens Recentes
Since you are using hypersonic you can just delete data/sql. I would recommend to use proper db in future like MySQL

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail

Sandeep Nair:
Since you are using hypersonic you can just delete data/sql. I would recommend to use proper db in future like MySQL

Regards,
Sandeep

Thanks Sandeep, I am changing my database to sql server.. starting from scratch but cannot get the connection configuration seems to work
this is how I did it :

in JDBC URL I entered :
jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://192.168.10.150\SQLEXPRESS/lportal

in JDBC Driver class name :
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

and the corresponding username and password to sql server

but it doesn't seems to work, I got this message :
Database connection could not be established. Please check your connection settings.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Hery
thumbnail

Hi,

the jdbc url doesnt seem to be proper, what is the SQLExpress coming in between. Heres the sample set of properties for SQL server

#
# SQL Server
#
#jdbc.default.driverClassName=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
#jdbc.default.url=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost/lportal
#jdbc.default.username=sa
#jdbc.default.password=

Just replace lportal which is the db name from jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost/lportal to your db name. Also make sure the user name and password are correct and driver jar(may be jtds in your case) is present in tomcat/lib/ext folder

Regards,
Sandeep Nair
thumbnail

Sandeep Nair:
Hi,

the jdbc url doesnt seem to be proper, what is the SQLExpress coming in between. Heres the sample set of properties for SQL server

#
# SQL Server
#
#jdbc.default.password=

Just replace lportal which is the db name from jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost/lportal to your db name. Also make sure the user name and password are correct and driver jar(may be jtds in your case) is present in tomcat/lib/ext folder

Regards,
Sandeep Nair

Yes I had created the database lportal in my sql server, and had change the default URL to jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost/lportal, correct username and password.
also the jtds driver is in the tomcat/lib/ext folder, but it still cannot work still the same error message.
I am using sql server 2008. Had been struggling with this matter for few days now.... really killin me...
thumbnail

Hmm thats strange. Can you please attach your completer server log and portal-ext.properties and portal-setup-wizard.properties(its in liferay home). Please ensure to mask username and password of your db

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail

Sandeep Nair:
Hmm thats strange. Can you please attach your completer server log and portal-ext.properties and portal-setup-wizard.properties(its in liferay home). Please ensure to mask username and password of your db

Regards,
Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

this is my portal-ext.properties file

jdbc.default.driverClassName=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://MachineName/lportal
jdbc.default.username=sa
jdbc.default.password=Password

and this is the content of my portal-setup-wizard.properties

admin.email.from.name=Test Test
default.admin.first.name=Test
default.admin.last.name=Test
liferay.home=C:/MyFolder/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1
admin.email.from.address=test@liferay.com
company.default.name=Liferay
default.admin.email.address=test@liferay.com
company.default.locale=en_US
setup.wizard.enabled=false
default.admin.screen.name=test

Thanks

Hery
thumbnail

Hi Hery,

As Sandeep thinks, that is very strange. My assumption is that you may only use the portal-ext.properties file to set up the properties, i.e. data source name, email, etc., which overrides Liferay's portal.properties file. You may not use both the portal-setup-wizard.properties and portal-ext.properties configuration files.
Can you try to restart Liferay after having edited the portal-ext.properties file and added the line:

This disables the wizard.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Patrick
thumbnail

Patrick Wolf:
Hi Hery,

As Sandeep thinks, that is very strange. My assumption is that you may only use the portal-ext.properties file to set up the properties, i.e. data source name, email, etc., which overrides Liferay's portal.properties file. You may not use both the portal-setup-wizard.properties and portal-ext.properties configuration files.
Can you try to restart Liferay after having edited the portal-ext.properties file and added the line:

This disables the wizard.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Patrick

Yes Patrick, I have apply the solution that you mentioned but the portal doesn't start-up at all.
This is the content of portal-ext.properties

jdbc.default.url=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://192.168.10.150;instanceName=./SQLEXPRESS;portNumber=1433;
jdbc.default.username=sa
jdbc.default.password=sqladmin

thumbnail

Hi Hery,

It may be a dumb advice and sorry for that but did you uncomment the properties?

#jdbc.default.password=

I mean delete the character # in front of each one of the above lines. By default in Liferay portal.properties file optional properties are commented out. This means that when there is a character # the property is disabled.
Hope this is the case, then you are saved.

Best regards,
--
Patrick
thumbnail

Patrick Wolf:
Hi Hery,

It may be a dumb advice and sorry for that but did you uncomment the properties?

#jdbc.default.password=

I mean delete the character # in front of each one of the above lines. By default in Liferay portal.properties file optional properties are commented out. This means that when there is a character # the property is disabled.
Hope this is the case, then you are saved.

Best regards,
--
Patrick

Yo Patrick,

Yes I did uncomment the properties

jdbc.default.url=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost/lportal
jdbc.default.username=****
jdbc.default.password=*******

This is what in the file.... Still can't get it to work out

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Try below:

jdbc.default.url=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://192.168.10.150;instanceName=./SQLEXPRESS;portNumber=1433;
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Try below:

It didn't work... when I re-run the liferay, it doesn't startup at all...
here is my configuration in ext-properties... and by the way currently I am using Hypersonic DB....

Thanks,

Hery
thumbnail

I am believing that you have already created the database in your sql server. If not please create the database and then restart the liferay server
thumbnail

Sandeep Nair:
I am believing that you have already created the database in your sql server. If not please create the database and then restart the liferay server

Yes I did... the name is lportal, I even tried to create different database name and try it, but it didn't work as well.....
thumbnail

If you're back to using hypersonic, have you tried stopping liferay and renaming data\hsql to something like data\hsql2 and starting liferay?
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
If you're back to using hypersonic, have you tried stopping liferay and renaming data\hsql to something like data\hsql2 and starting liferay?

When I rename the folder and restart it, it create a new folder and my previous configurations were reset...
thumbnail

Can't access site

I opened the log file and encountered the following errors :

java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:410)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.<init>(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:134)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:182)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:148)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResourcePool.java:1014)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$800(BasicResourcePool.java:32)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1810)
at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:547)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.createSocketForJDBC3(SharedSocket.java:307)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.<init>(SharedSocket.java:257)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:311)
... 9 more
04:31:38,565 WARN [BasicResourcePool:1841] com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask@c39410 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (3). Last acquisition attempt exception:
java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:410)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.<init>(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:134)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:182)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:148)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResourcePool.java:1014)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$800(BasicResourcePool.java:32)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1810)
at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:547)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor30.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.createSocketForJDBC3(SharedSocket.java:307)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.<init>(SharedSocket.java:257)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:311)

anyone have any idea on what these errors suppose to mean?
thumbnail

Is there a firewall or anything blocking the connection between your application server and SQL Server? Did you check whether port 1433 is opened?

Best regards,
--
Patrick Wolf
thumbnail

Patrick Wolf:
Is there a firewall or anything blocking the connection between your application server and SQL Server? Did you check whether port 1433 is opened?

Best regards,
--
Patrick Wolf

No Patrick, the SQL server is in my local computer...

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail

I have changed my database to MySql and set up the portal-ext.properties file to MySql database configuration
and add these two lines :

schema.run.enabled=true
schema.run.minimal=true

before I run Liferay, I created the database lportal and it successfully connected emoticon

Still haven't figure out what's wrong with connection problem with SQL server.

Anyway thanks for the contribution guys...

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail

Hi Hery,

Great to read that you finally managed to connect to a database server.
Liferay is database agnostic, this means that whatever your preferred database server and provided that you install and configure the right JDBC connector, it should "usually" work out of the box.

Best regards,
--
Patrick
thumbnail

After a little bit of tweak my colleague manage to figure out how to connect to SQL server database emoticon

this is what the URL should look like :
jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://[SERVERNAME]:[PORTNAME]:/[DBNAME];instance=[INSTANCENAME];

hope this help those who encounter the same problem.

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail

Oh yeah... again after managed to get sql server connection to work... I encounter another problem....
The tables are not populated by any data at all... while using MySql I can see the data in the table....

I try to create a user and then check the databases table : User_

but it is empty....

anyone know ?

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail

Hi Hery,

Sorry for my delayed reply. I don't quite know SQL server. I assume you had a look in SQL server or your application server logs. What does it say when you create a new user? It should launch an exception if it encounters a problem while inserting data into the lportal tables. Did you grant enough privileges to the SQL server user in Transact-SQL, e.g.
USE lportal;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, EXECUTE TO your_user;
GO

Something like that.
thumbnail

Patrick Wolf:
Hi Hery,

Sorry for my delayed reply. I don't quite know SQL server. I assume you had a look in SQL server or your application server logs. What does it say when you create a new user? It should launch an exception if it encounters a problem while inserting data into the lportal tables. Did you grant enough privileges to the SQL server user in Transact-SQL, e.g.
USE lportal;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, EXECUTE TO your_user;
GO

Something like that.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for following up with this thread.... I forgot to mention that actually this issue has already been solved.. I mention this issue on other thread.... apparently the tables were created in master database... when I assigned the default database of the sql server user to lportal all work fine... thx again...

Right now I have some other issue regarding the workflow assignment process.... do you have any idea how to skip the 'assign to' process....? can I define this within the xml file?? so that the workflow assignment can be written within the xml file.....

Thanks,

Hery
thumbnail

Hi Hery,

Glad that finally you managed!

What kind of workflow engine do you use? Kaleo or Alfresco or another one like JBPM? Just have a look at this tutorial if you use the default Kaleo:

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/workflow-with-kal-3

If you have the Enterprise Edition, you can use the Worflow designer which is a graphical interface in which you can model your workflow processes. It then creates automatically the adequate XML file. If you use the Community Edition you have to edit the XML file and add your processes by hand. The default settings of Kaleo with a single approver is to my point of view more than enough for a usual workflow process. But you can of course extend it so that it suits your needs.

Best regards,
Patrick
thumbnail

I am using Kaleo... and it is community edition...
and I have been working through the XML file and in the <assignments> section there are roles defined within, they consist of <role-type> and <name>
I was wondering how can I skip the assignment process after I define the role-type and name within the XML file? Can I possibly do that? because right
now the assignment process still need to be done manually after I define the role-type and name in the XML file....
It's going to be very troublesome to have to repeat the procedure if there are lots of users submit data for for posting... so any suggestion to bypass
this step?

Thanks,

Hery

Patrick Wolf:
Hi Hery,

Glad that finally you managed!

What kind of workflow engine do you use? Kaleo or Alfresco or another one like JBPM? Just have a look at this tutorial if you use the default Kaleo:

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/workflow-with-kal-3

If you have the Enterprise Edition, you can use the Worflow designer which is a graphical interface in which you can model your workflow processes. It then creates automatically the adequate XML file. If you use the Community Edition you have to edit the XML file and add your processes by hand. The default settings of Kaleo with a single approver is to my point of view more than enough for a usual workflow process. But you can of course extend it so that it suits your needs.

Best regards,
Patrick
thumbnail

Hery Sutanto:
and I have been working through the XML file and in the <assignments> section there are roles defined within, they consist of <role-type> and <name>
I was wondering how can I skip the assignment process after I define the role-type and name within the XML file? Can I possibly do that? because right
now the assignment process still need to be done manually after I define the role-type and name in the XML file....
It's going to be very troublesome to have to repeat the procedure if there are lots of users submit data for for posting... so any suggestion to bypass
this step?

Hi Hery,

As the theme of this thread is « Can't access site » I would suggest that you created another thread specific to Kaleo workflow so that people who wish to find an answer to a similar question go straight to the information.
Regarding your question you may have different role types:

<assignments>
  <roles>
    <role>
      <role-type>community</role-type>
        <name>Community Administrator</name>
    </role>
    <role>
        <name>Community Content Reviewer</name>
    </role>
    <role>
      <name>Community Owner</name>
    </role>
    <role>
      <role-type>organization</role-type>
        <name>Organization Administrator</name>
    </role>
    <role>
        <name>Organization Content Reviewer</name>
    </role>
    <role>
        <name>Organization Owner</name>
    </role>
    <role>
      <role-type>regular</role-type>
        <name>Portal Content Reviewer</name>
    </role>
    <role>
        <name>Administrator</name>
    </role>
  </roles>
</assignments>

Once these roles have been assigned, each one of them receives a notification when a member of an organisation, a community or the whole portal has posted some stuff to be reviewed. Then it approves or rejects posts. You don't have to specify all the names of the portal's users in the XML file. I don' know if I am crystal clear.

Please open a new thread for that particular topic on workflow. That would also help other members of the community to suggest answers and help you.

Best regards,
--
Patrick
thumbnail

Patrick Wolf:
Hery Sutanto:
this step?

Hi Hery,

As the theme of this thread is « Can't access site » I would suggest that you created another thread specific to Kaleo workflow so that people who wish to find an answer to a similar question go straight to the information.
Regarding your question you may have different role types:

<assignments>
  <roles>
    <role>
        <name>Community Administrator</name>
    </role>
    <role>
        <name>Community Content Reviewer</name>
    </role>
    <role>
      <name>Community Owner</name>
    </role>
    <role>
        <name>Organization Administrator</name>
    </role>
    <role>
        <name>Organization Content Reviewer</name>
    </role>
    <role>
        <name>Organization Owner</name>
    </role>
    <role>
        <name>Portal Content Reviewer</name>
    </role>
    <role>
        <name>Administrator</name>
    </role>
  </roles>
</assignments>

Once these roles have been assigned, each one of them receives a notification when a member of an organisation, a community or the whole portal has posted some stuff to be reviewed. Then it approves or rejects posts. You don't have to specify all the names of the portal's users in the XML file. I don' know if I am crystal clear.

Please open a new thread for that particular topic on workflow. That would also help other members of the community to suggest answers and help you.

Best regards,
--
Patrick

Ok thank you Patrick... your explanation is clear enough... for this section
I still have some question though... But I am going to open a new thread for that question.

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail

Is this error when you tried running with hypersonic?
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:

Is this error when you tried running with hypersonic?

Yes it get back to where it was when I renamed the folder.....
No.. that error occur when I am using sql server connection

does Liferay need any additional components for sql server..?

Thanks for the Reply so far Hitoshi
thumbnail
srikanth arroju, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 133 Data de Entrada: 03/10/09 Postagens Recentes
might be ur db cannot be accessed externally.
can u try sample jdbc program to connect to your db. if it works. apply same properties in portal-ext.properties
thumbnail

When I rename the folder and restart it, it create a new folder and my previous configurations were reset...

Yes, that's what is suppose to happen. You can revert back to your old data by changing back the folder name.