Fórum

Document library lost file associations

Boden Larson, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Document library lost file associations

Regular Member Postagens: 200 Data de Entrada: 10/07/08 Postagens Recentes
I've got an entire folder in my Document Library that has suddenly lost all of its file links. When I click to open any file I get a "Not Found" error from Liferay. When I browse the folder via WebDav I can see that all of the files are still there. Other folders in the same document library are working fine.

More specifics on the error message:
-----
The requested resource was not found.

http://mydomain.com:8080/c/document_library/get_file?p_l_id=10276&folderId=11437&name=DLFE-9.pdf
----

Links to files in folders that do work look like this:

http://mydomain.com:8080/c/document_library/get_file?p_l_id=10276&folderId=16485&name=DLFE-2138.jpg

It doesn't look to me like Liferay is generating an incorrect link...more like the references to the files themselves are hosed.

I've got 1,555 files in this particular folder, and I am going to pop a blood vessel if I have to re-upload them.

RE: Document library lost file associations

Hi, this happened AGAIN after I re-uploaded all of my files.

Is anyone out there?
na na, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 94 Data de Entrada: 29/04/08 Postagens Recentes
Boden Larson:
Hi, this happened AGAIN after I re-uploaded all of my files.

Is anyone out there?

Make sure that your home folder still have the liferay directory, if this directory had been deleted before then your nightmare comes true since jackrabbit store it's jcr in that directory and lucene store it's index there as well.

Thanks,

Yeah the folder is still there, and I can see that the jackrabbit folder has data. emoticon

Ok, I think I figured it out.

Liferay must configure the jackrabbit folder based on the user running Liferay. I'm not sure of the rationale there. Anyhow, this particular system isn't fully live yet, and there are times when I run Liferay as root out of laziness, and times when I run it in a restricted account (which is how it will run in production). I must have uploaded everything to the document library when it was running in the restricted account, and when I posted this message I must have been running Liferay as root. I fired it up under the right account and the data is "back".

Looks like I'll have to dig up how to configure the location of the jackrabbit (and Lucene) directory and stick it someplace that isn't going to change based on user. portal-ext.properties ?
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1902 Data de Entrada: 10/03/08 Postagens Recentes
In portal(-ext).properties:

jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root=${resource.repositories.root}/jackrabbit
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 329 Data de Entrada: 23/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Thanks Boden. I am having this exact same problem with our testing environment.
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 329 Data de Entrada: 23/10/08 Postagens Recentes
I believe I'm having the same issue as you but am having trouble correcting it...any help would be appreciated.

so, we have setup a testing environment. We update the testing environments database and webapps folder to contain all the portlets and ext changes we have made. The problem is that no pdf files are accessible. I have tried using liferay's re-indexing feature but still have no luck. The odd thing is that word documents, flash files, text, etc are all working correctly and are available to download. ONLY pdf files appear with the document not found error message.

Could you please tell me how to correct this problem? our worry is that when we move code from the test environment to the production that this issue will carry over.

Thanks,

Brian
Boden Larson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

I'm not sure that your problem is identical to the one I experienced.

My problem was simply that changing the user running the liferay instance will change where the files are located (at least under the default configuration). Thus if you start liferay as one user and upload some files, then start liferay as some other user, the files uploaded when running as the first user will not be available.