Fórum

I need to create customize the register page by adding few fields

thumbnail
Saikat Saha, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

I need to create customize the register page by adding few fields

New Member Postagens: 23 Data de Entrada: 16/11/11 Postagens Recentes
I want to customize the new user registration page as the same like www.liferay.com is having. I want to add fields like Phone number, Address etc. which are already there in "my profile" option. The only thing is to keep those fields available in register page as mandatory.

Is it possible by adding any entry in portal-ext.properties ? Does it really requires a hook (because these fields are already available in liferay in other forms) ?

Please help.
thumbnail
Mohammed Azam, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: I need to create customize the register page by adding few fields

Regular Member Postagens: 159 Data de Entrada: 06/11/09 Postagens Recentes
Saikat Saha:
I want to customize the new user registration page as the same like www.liferay.com is having. I want to add fields like Phone number, Address etc. which are already there in "my profile" option. The only thing is to keep those fields available in register page as mandatory.

Is it possible by adding any entry in portal-ext.properties ? Does it really requires a hook (because these fields are already available in liferay in other forms) ?

Please help.

Hi Saikat

There are only few fields that you can Add / Edit portal-ext.properties file. for your requirement You need to write hook for create_account.jsp file. Having phone numbers and Address as you additional fields. and overide the action file to accept these parameters to save in Address table

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks
thumbnail
abu ahmed, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 24/09/11 Postagens Recentes
Mohammed Azam:
Saikat Saha:

Please help.

Hi Saikat

There are only few fields that you can Add / Edit portal-ext.properties file. for your requirement You need to write hook for create_account.jsp file. Having phone numbers and Address as you additional fields. and overide the action file to accept these parameters to save in Address table

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Hi Azam,

I also want to configure my user registration page like that in "http://www.liferay.com" User Registration page. I am using Liferay Portal 6.0.6.
Please tell how to use / implement the hook.

Thanks in advance,

Abu Sherif Ahmed
Kolkata
thumbnail
Saikat Saha, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 23 Data de Entrada: 16/11/11 Postagens Recentes
Thanks Mr. Azam,

Got the answar. Can we use the same fields (which are there in "my profile" options) in register page through hook. I mean to say that the data saved through the new fields should be available to edit in his/her profile.

Please clarify me the same.
Paul Butenko, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 38 Data de Entrada: 02/07/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi,
For caustomizing my profile page you can use hook, but also you can use property users.form.my.account.miscellaneous and users.form.my.account.main from portal-ext.properties. Yo can check solution here.

BR,
Paul
thumbnail
Mohammed Azam, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 159 Data de Entrada: 06/11/09 Postagens Recentes
Saikat Saha:
Thanks Mr. Azam,

Got the answar. Can we use the same fields (which are there in "my profile" options) in register page through hook. I mean to say that the data saved through the new fields should be available to edit in his/her profile.

Please clarify me the same.

Yes Saikat you can do so.

In fact I had requirement to save the comments and the address of the User whenever he adds through registration page. I had used the liferay API to save it and it was available in the profile page of the respective USER.

AddressLocalServiceUtil.addAddress(pass the necessay arg);

user.setComments("test comment")