Fórum

Liferay faces Bridge + JSF +Seam 3

Manoj Pardeshi, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay faces Bridge + JSF +Seam 3

New Member Postagens: 7 Data de Entrada: 26/04/12 Postagens Recentes
Is it possible to use Seam 3 in JSF 2 portlet ? If yes please tell me how to use Seam3 in Liferay portal?

Thanks,
Manoj
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay faces Bridge + JSF +Seam 3

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2655 Data de Entrada: 27/07/05 Postagens Recentes
Before considering using Seam 3, we need to make sure that CDI (Weld) is compatible with portlet environments. Recently WELD-510 was fixed so I spent some time today testing JSF2 + CDI (Weld 1.1.7) in Liferay 6.1.0. Unfortunately it didn't work in Tomcat 7 or GlassFish 3.1.1. I was only able to get it working in JBoss AS 7.1.1. Since Liferay Portal currently only comes bundled JBoss AS 7.0.2, I had to install the Liferay Portal WAR into JBoss AS 7.1.1 manually. Although the portlet worked with @Inject on the initial render, I wasn't able to navigate from one Facelet view to another without getting an exception thrown by Weld.

Also, if you want to use JSF2 @ViewScoped in combination with Weld, you would need to add the Seam Faces module. Unfortunately SEAMFACES-222 is not yet fixed (as of the time I'm writing this) and so Seam Faces isn't yet working in portlet environments.

So until CDI (Weld) and Seam Faces module are working, the full blown Seam 3 framework can't be used either. emoticon
thumbnail

For more information on compatibility with CDI/Weld/SeamFaces, please refer to FACES-1211.
Manoj Pardeshi, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 7 Data de Entrada: 26/04/12 Postagens Recentes
Thanks Neil.
Prathamesh Gaddam, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay 6.x : Seam 3 Modules !

New Member Postagens: 7 Data de Entrada: 07/11/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Neil,

Please update !

Further, which all Seam 3 modules are supported in Liferay 6.x. Towards, Seam 3: Module's support with Liferay 6.X and Seam 3: Forge.

Regret any inconvenience caused because of cross-posting.

Regards
thumbnail

RE: Liferay 6.x : Seam 3 Modules !

Hi Prathamesh,

I updated FACES-1211 with the latest news. Unfortunately the issue is blocked right now -- please "watch" the issue for future updates.

Kind Regards,

Neil