Fórum

Message Board Categories and Taxonomy

thumbnail
Rochad Tlusty, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Message Board Categories and Taxonomy

Junior Member Postagens: 42 Data de Entrada: 18/01/12 Postagens Recentes
I was just wondering about tags and categories in the message board portlet. The tags work with no problems, but I cannot add categories to the message board messages. I've looked through the edit_message.jsp page and I don't see an assetCategories selector anywhere, which leads me to believe its not implemented. However it states in the wiki page that messages can be categorized. We would really like taxonomy for posting message board messages. I'm almost certain we can add this feature in a hook, but it would be great if I could enable it without a hook. Any ideas?
Hiral Ramavat, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Message Board Categories and Taxonomy

Regular Member Postagens: 103 Data de Entrada: 13/02/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

In the message board portlet, there is only way to add tags or select the tags, which is the out of the box facility, so for adding categories we need to customize it.

Thanks,
Hiral
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
What kind of error are you getting when you select "Control Panel" -> "Message Board" -> "Add Category"?
thumbnail
Rochad Tlusty, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 42 Data de Entrada: 18/01/12 Postagens Recentes
The message board categories aren't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about using the asset categories to "tag" message board posts. We have modified tags so that they are closed form, but we would like to use categories as they have hierarchy built in.