Fórum

HotDeployException on portlet deploy

thumbnail
Rahul Pande, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

HotDeployException on portlet deploy

Expert Postagens: 310 Data de Entrada: 07/07/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi All,

I am getting hot deploy exception on deploying a plugin portlet. I googled for the answer but didn't find the solution and the cause of this problem.
Following is the error log of the exception.

com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error registering portlets for connect-jobs-portlet
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.BaseHotDeployListener.throwHotDeployException(BaseHotDeployListener.java:45)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener.invokeDeploy(PortletHotDeployListener.java:104)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil._doFireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:109)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil._fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:182)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil.fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:38)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener.doPortalInit(PortletContextListener.java:99)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.BasePortalLifecycle.portalInit(BasePortalLifecycle.java:42)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalLifecycleUtil.register(PortalLifecycleUtil.java:52)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.BasePortalLifecycle.registerPortalLifecycle(BasePortalLifecycle.java:50)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener.contextInitialized(PortletContextListener.java:55)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4135)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4630)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.checkResources(HostConfig.java:1244)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1342)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:303)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1337)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1601)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1610)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1590)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.MethodHandler.invoke(MethodHandler.java:81)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.MethodHandler.invoke(MethodHandler.java:75)
        at com.liferay.portlet.PortletBagFactory.getPluginPropertyValue(PortletBagFactory.java:324)
        at com.liferay.portlet.PortletBagFactory.newAssetRendererFactoryInstances(PortletBagFactory.java:452)
        at com.liferay.portlet.PortletBagFactory.create(PortletBagFactory.java:196)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener.initPortlet(PortletHotDeployListener.java:456)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener.doInvokeDeploy(PortletHotDeployListener.java:253)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener.invokeDeploy(PortletHotDeployListener.java:101)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.util.portlet.PortletProps.get(PortletProps.java:37)
        ... 31 more

Does anyone faced this issue before ? I am using LR 6.0.6 with Tomcat 6.0.29

Thanks
Rahul
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: HotDeployException on portlet deploy

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
You need a blank portlet.properties file. Create one in your src folder, rebuild and redeploy.
thumbnail

Hi David,

Thanks for quick reply. But I already have portlet.properties file in the portlet and still it gives me the error.
Is there any other cause for the exception ?

Thanks
Rahul
Subhash Shah, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 78 Data de Entrada: 30/11/11 Postagens Recentes
The problem seems to be that the configuration is not initialized and because of that it throws the exception. I can think of 2 ways to identify the cause.

1. Is it possible for you to debug and check if you get the configuration object in PortletPros.
2. Can you please check if your deployed portlet has portlet.properties file in WEB-INF/classes folder ?

Please let me know if you find the solution or I can be of any more help.
thumbnail

Hi Subhash,

1. Is it possible for you to debug and check if you get the configuration object in PortletPros.

My portlet has portlet level permissions defined in default.xml, whose path I have mentioned in portlet.properties. The permissions are working as expected so it is able to read the portlet.properties

2. Can you please check if your deployed portlet has portlet.properties file in WEB-INF/classes folder ?

I checked in the server it is there in classes folder.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Is your portlet.properties empty or does it have some values in it? If you do have something in it, check for spelling and upper/lower cases in your source code.

Also, did you include any liferay jar file in your portlet?
thumbnail

Hi Hitoshi,

As I mentioned in previous post I've only default.xml entry in portlet.properties file and it is working fine and I didn't include any liferay jars in my portlet.

Thanks
Rahul
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Sorry, out of ideas. Have to see the portlet in question. Can you attach it here.