Fórum

Document URLs invalid in 6.1

thumbnail
Armaz Mellati, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Document URLs invalid in 6.1

Junior Member Postagens: 96 Data de Entrada: 30/10/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi

I have discovered (after upgrading to 6.1EE) that ALL links/URL to the documents in Document library are invalid.
Prior to 6.1, documents had urls like this :

https://you-site/documents/12254/24049/document+title

but now in 6.1, these urls are invalid. Now they are of this form :

https://you-site/documents/12254/24049/document+title/3e038d2f-1457-4b08-bc2d-d3a18aa508e2

So be aware of this major change. This means I have to tell all my users to change all he references to all the docs inside,and even worse, outside the portal.
I really hope someone can tell me that is is just a bug or that I have got it wrong somehow.

Regards,
Armaz Mellati
thumbnail

RE: Document URLs invalid in 6.1

I have found out a little more, but still not 100% sure if this is a bug or intentional.

It seems URLS of this type are working :

https://you-site/documents/12254/24049/document title

But not these, witch are the defaults prior to 6.1

Also, if the title has space, it must not be replaced with "+" as it is done usually.
Hope someone from Liferay can cast a light on this. Maybe I should file a ticket on this ?!
thumbnail
Peter B West, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 56 Data de Entrada: 24/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Armaz Mellati:
I have found out a little more, but still not 100% sure if this is a bug or intentional.

It seems URLS of this type are working :

https://you-site/documents/12254/24049/document title

But not these, witch are the defaults prior to 6.1

Also, if the title has space, it must not be replaced with "+" as it is done usually.
Hope someone from Liferay can cast a light on this. Maybe I should file a ticket on this ?!

Thanks for your work Armaz. This may explain the failure of the upgrade process at this point:

01:45:57,935 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeUserName
01:45:57,970 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeAdminPortlets
01:45:58,048 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeBlogs
01:45:58,699 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeCamelCasePortletPreferences
01:46:00,959 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeCountry
01:46:01,099 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeDocumentLibrary

The process just hangs at that point - no exception reported. The server process is running, but can't be reached - the browser just times out.

I'll have a look at the code of com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeDocumentLibrary to see if I can see anything. Do you have any suggestions?

Peter
thumbnail

Peter B West:

01:45:57,935 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeUserName
01:45:57,970 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeAdminPortlets
01:45:58,048 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeBlogs
01:45:58,699 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeCamelCasePortletPreferences
01:46:00,959 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeCountry
01:46:01,099 INFO [UpgradeProcess:205] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeDocumentLibrary

The process just hangs at that point - no exception reported. The server process is running, but can't be reached - the browser just times out.

I'll have a look at the code of com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeDocumentLibrary to see if I can see anything. Do you have any suggestions?

Peter

Peter :
No I don't think that has anything to do with the upgrade process. There are a lot of new stuff and changes in the document library in 6.1. Sync and support for several repositories and combining Image library and document library and so on..... So there is a lot of stuff going on there.
Hangs like that, (if you have really waited a long time, and are sure it is really a hang) without any messages in the log, will usually mean a lock or some kind of hang in the database itself.
thumbnail

More information. See UpgradeException on 6.0 > 6.1 upgrade

When I kill the hung process (which incidentally, is not even registering in the top 30 processes for CPU usage) and later restart, without restoring the original database, I get the exception mentioned in the above post; Unknown column 'folderId' in 'field list'

So the one is in some way dependent on the other.

Peter
thumbnail

I'm just getting back to looking at this now. Has anyone made any progress with it in the meantime?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
I think this is intentional. Wasn't there a best practice not to use space nor non-alphanumeric characters in titles anyways?
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
I think this is intentional. Wasn't there a best practice not to use space nor non-alphanumeric characters in titles anyways?

Sure, and that is a good thing for 6.1+. But what about the backward compatibility ? So even if the intention was good, it must be done in a way that supports the previous type og URLs too.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Sure, and that is a good thing for 6.1+. But what about the backward compatibility ? So even if the intention was good, it must be done in a way that supports the previous type og URLs too.

This is one of the major problem with liferay. They don't fully provide backward compatibility! That's both for CE and EE versions. For example, they dropped "community" in 6.1.0.
Similar topic were mentioned several times in the forum, but it's really a tradeoff because providing backward compatibility hinders new development - seems liferay.com decided to priorize new development over backward compatibility.

Japanese users won't accept this, so I'm providing this to my users by providing modified Japanese versions.

Well, Liferay.com is doing VERY good so they'll probably making the "right" business choices.