Fórum

Make Media Gallery portlet "instanceable"

thumbnail
Joshua Messina, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Make Media Gallery portlet "instanceable"

Junior Member Postagens: 30 Data de Entrada: 13/04/12 Postagens Recentes
I'm developing a collaboration site using liferay portal 6.1 tomcat, and I have a page where users would be able to access shared media. However, I wanted to make each media gallery portlet specific to a type of media, i.e. one for images, one for audio, one for video. The issue I am having is that I can't figure out how to make the Media Gallery portlet instanceable. I couldn't find a reference to the portlet in the liferay-portlet.xml file, and so I'm not really sure how to proceed. Can anyone help me with this?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Make Media Gallery portlet "instanceable"

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Check the following page. Search for "<instanceable>false</instanceable>" and read the explanation above.

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/writing-the-my-greeting-portl-4
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Check the following page. Search for "<instanceable>false</instanceable>" and read the explanation above.

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/writing-the-my-greeting-portl-4

I don't see how this helps me. The only thing it says about making portlets instanceable is this:

"First, we don't want multiple greetings on the same page, so we are going to make the My Greeting portlet non-instanceable. To do this, edit liferay-portlet.xml and change the value of the element instanceable from true to false so that it looks like this:

<instanceable>false</instanceable>"

That does not answer my question. I know that I need to add that tag (with the value "true", not "false") into the liferay-portlet.xml file, but I can't find a reference to that portlet in the file. I need to know where the reference to that portlet is so that I can add the instanceable tag. Please note that this is a portlet that came pre-installed on liferay, not one that I added.
Gowtham Mani, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 56 Data de Entrada: 26/11/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Joshua,

The portlet name for media gallery is "31".
So you can add the <instanceable> tag to that particlar portlet tag

Hope this helps

Regards,
Gowtham
thumbnail

Unfortunately I already tried adding <instanceable> to this portlet. It did not work. If that is indeed the correct portlet then I'm not sure what is going wrong with my installation. Unfortunately I won't be able to test further until I rebuild my site.
thumbnail

RE: Make Media Gallery portlet "instanceable" (Resposta)

Just tried it on Liferay 6.1.0 GA1 Tomcat bundle and were able to put several Media Gallery on a page.

Check portlet-custom.xml file and search for "Media Gallery". You'll find the following tags implying the portlet-name is 31.

<portlet-name>31</portlet-name>
<display-name>Media Gallery</display-name>

Next, open up liferay-portlet.xml file and insert instanceable tag:
<use-default-template>false</use-default-template>
<instanceable>true</instanceable>
<scopeable>true</scopeable>
thumbnail

I guess it did work. I don't know what was wrong with it before. I had added that tag to portlet 31 a while ago. I don't know why it didn't work then. Anyway, thanks for the help.
thumbnail

The order of the tags are important. If it's not in the right order, Liferay will throw exception during startup.
thumbnail

I did have it in the right order. I followed the dtd exactly. It just works now. I didn't actually change anything in that file.
thumbnail

Nice to hear that you have it working now. I hope you'll be able to get your page setup now. emoticon