Fórum

Multilevel navigation menu (accordion menu) with links

thumbnail
Atrisa Milani, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Multilevel navigation menu (accordion menu) with links

Junior Member Postagens: 51 Data de Entrada: 05/04/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi everyone. I have a vertical navigation portlet (accordion menu) with menus and submenus. Some of the menus have no submneus and some do. So I have three cases in my navigation:
1) The menu is a link to a page and has no submenus.
2)The menu is both a link to a page and has submenus and finally
3) the menu is not a link but only has submenus to be toggled down at click.

I have been able to do the first and third cases with jQuery, but for the second one I am stuck; that is how to control the menu to go to a page and at the same time toggle down the submenus. Is this possible to do with Liferay or scriipting is the only to do this?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Multilevel navigation menu (accordion menu) with links

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14917 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Not sure how your menu is implemented, but the standard Liferay menu bar handles items 1 and 2. Adding #3 to it is possible, but it''s easier just to make them links to the '#' url and let Liferay handle them entirely.
thumbnail

So in Liferay is it possible for a menu to link to a page and at the same time slide down its submenus? For example, on google's news page, here: http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn, when one clicks the sports menu, it goes to a page and at the same time shows the submenus as well. As far as I know, this is not possible with Liferay, unless some scripting is done, or am I wrong?

Also, is there any documenation that would explain the options in the Navigation portlet setup? What I mean is that for example in a navigation portlet settings there are options such as 'Root Layout ' and 'Root Layout Level', what do those exactly refer to?
Thanks!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14917 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
You can simulate the google thing using an accordion-based menu on the left and content area on the right. use IPC and AJAX so the content area is refreshed w/o doing a full page submit.

Not much doco that I know of, but I can tell you that the google-like thing is definitely not covered.
thumbnail

I got that working with jQuery. Liferay does most of the part, but for the toggling and disabling some of the links jQuery did it nicely. Thanks David for your comments.
Global Base, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 08/08/12 Postagens Recentes
hi Atrisa,
can you post an example of your jquery solution integrated with Naviagation portlet native in liferay?
i should be very glad for that... thank you.
francesco