Fórum

developing a social networking site in liferay

thumbnail
saurabh singh, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

developing a social networking site in liferay

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 16/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,
I am trying to develop a social networking site in liferay..I have used the approach of default private and public layouts for developing my networking site, but certain portlets like blogs, blogs aggregator, polls display are not working as per my requirements...
->I want to provide all the users with the capability to add their own polls questions which are displayed in the polls display portlet..not only the administrative user....as is the case with polls and polls display portlet.
->when I am trying to access a particular blog using "recent bloggers" portlet..it gives an error "resource not found"

I used another approach for developing the site by using user groups and associating site templates to the private and public pages....but it didn't work out as well..
can any one help me out of this and provide me a way to develop a social networking site..

Thanks in advance emoticon
Saurabh
thumbnail
Dhrutika Parekh, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: developing a social networking site in liferay

Expert Postagens: 435 Data de Entrada: 09/02/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi ,

For polls you can do one thing,by default its in hidden category so its displayed in control panel.

Overwrite liferay-display.xml and change Polls(portlet id=25) to Sample or some other category.

Now you can add Polls portlet on user page using user group or site template.and user can configure their polls on their page.

Regards,
Dhrutika
thumbnail

Hi Dhrutika....!!! thanks for the suggestion emoticon
But I have done that before and added the polls portlet to the users' private pages. But, the thing I want to achieve is to show all the polls created by all the users in a polls diaplya portlet. How can this be achieved without each user having administrative right on the portlet...

Apart from that I want to envisage a social networking site with full fledged capabilities like "facebook"... The two approaches that I have mentioned have led me to a confused state...which one should I use..any suggestions in this regard ???

The "recent bloggers" portlet does not take me to that blog when I try to access it..it gives a resource not found error.....emoticon

can anyone provide with me a blueprint of how to start and how to plan my site ???????
thumbnail

any one please?????