Fórum

OOTB portlets instanceable

thumbnail
Priyanka Dhingra, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

OOTB portlets instanceable

Liferay Master Postagens: 501 Data de Entrada: 20/12/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I know the we can make out out of the box portlets instanceable by manually editing ROOT/WEB-INF/liferay-portlet.xml
but my problem is that when we'll upgrade to some other version it would be a problem and since there are licensed version of liferay also we cannot modify the aforesaid xml file just like that.

So, is there any other way I can make any OOTB portlet instanceable or non-instanceable.(like hooks or something else)

Any help would really be apprecaited.

Thanks in advance
Priyanka
thumbnail

RE: OOTB portlets instanceable

If what I am thinking and asking is not apt and is not the right direction...Do comment
thumbnail
Sandip Patel, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 205 Data de Entrada: 05/01/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Priyanka Dhingra,

For this you have to override liferay-portlet.xml to liferay-portlet-ext.xml by using ext, and change portlet <instanceable> tag.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Priyanka Dhingra:
If what I am thinking and asking is not apt and is not the right direction...Do comment

The real question is why would you want to do this?

Instantiable controls whether you can have only one instance of a portlet on a given page or whether multiple instances per page are allowed.

For example, web content can be on a page multiple times, and that makes sense. Each one can contain different content, so they are each separate instances.

Mail on the other hand only makes sense to have a single instance on a page (yes, users can have multiple mail accounts, but all of the accounts listed in separate mail portlets on a single page would be pretty confusing).

For all of the Liferay portlets, I think they've done a pretty good job determining which ones can be multiples and which ones should allow only a single instance.

So it gets back to the question, why would you want to do this?
thumbnail

Hi David,
This was a question asked to me. I knew the method i mentioned in post but was trying to see if any better alternative available.. I am a Liferay beginner so there is a possibility that the solution I am trying may not be always efficient.

Thanks
Priyanka
thumbnail
Riccardo Ferrari, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 139 Data de Entrada: 13/11/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi,
I think that the "instaceable" behavior of a portlet is tightly coupled with its business logic. Are you sure you want to change this setting? Are you referring "instanceable" as the ability to add a portlet instance to a portal page?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
You're talking about modifying just the settings and not the source code.