Fórum

Nested dynamic data lists

Nicolas Ballinas, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Nested dynamic data lists

New Member Postagens: 7 Data de Entrada: 28/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Hello everyone,

We are evaluating Liferay for our company and are trying to build an Issue Tracking application using Dynamic Data Lists. I have read all the decumentation availabale and can't find an answer to this specific question.

Is there a way to build data lists that uses other nested data lists inside? To be more specific, I'm building a data list that holds all the issues users reports in filling in a form (the detail view). Inside this same form users needs to be able to add new records to another nested list, for example comments about how the issue is being resolved (with columns for date, the comment and the commenters name) . My logical sollution to this would be to try to use other defined lists that are connected to the main list in some way but can't find a way to solve it. Has anybody done something similar?

Another question I have is: is it possible to add other self difined data fields to the data definition?

Thank you for your time.
Nicolas Ballinas
Nick Kosti, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Nested dynamic data lists

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 22/04/12 Postagens Recentes
I am also interested in this.

We are currently using Sharepoint to track customer complaints.

Comments can be added by anyone who has contact with our customer and it allows us to see a history of how the case has been handled.
Michal Rajniak, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 25 Data de Entrada: 28/05/12 Postagens Recentes
Hello Nicolas,
have you had any success with the extension?

We are attempting exactly what you are describing
1. adding new data types
2. nested lists
We managed to extend the functionality (partially, not quite there yet) by directly modifying the sources and are currently attempting to separate the changes into a plugin (hook or ext).

Anybody else had any success at this?
thumbnail
Christopher Dawson, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 11 Data de Entrada: 27/02/12 Postagens Recentes
Michal:

Did your proof of concept on this topic proceed any further? We're running into a use case that also needs this functionality. Seems like it would be a killer feature-add to this already useful featureset.
Michal Rajniak, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Yes. We have a functional solution. You are looking at about 2-4 weeks of development in an ext plugin.
Just adding new data types should be fairly straightforward, adding nested lists is much more interesting.
David Thompson, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 15/06/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I am also interested in

[indent]1. adding new data types
[indent][/indent]2. nested lists[/indent]

Have you made any further progress in this? Do you plan on adding this to Liferay's Marketplace?

I'd love to have this feature.

Daveemoticon
Michal R, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Yeah, we are in production now.
No marketplace plans, sorry.

In retrospect, i'd suggest to avoid any big extensions to DDLs and only pick what you really need. Reason is, you will most likely have to use the ext plugin, which is rather inconvenient - you have to restart the server everytime you deploy, testing offline is difficult if not impossible, etc.

What about asking Liferay to implement this? Seems many people are interested. I imagine the ability to create custom fields (in Hook plugin, not ext) is at the top of most people's lists.
Michal R, modificado 11 Anos atrás.