Fórum

Changing favicon.icon

thumbnail
Karthik V S, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Changing favicon.icon

Regular Member Postagens: 106 Data de Entrada: 21/12/11 Postagens Recentes
I have changed favicon icon from the following tomcat server path but it is not changing. Path where the icon was changed is:
1. liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/ROOT/html/themes/classic/images
2.liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/ROOT/html/themes/control_panel/images
3. liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/ROOT/html/themes/_unstyled/images

Can you please give the proper solution for this.
thumbnail
Joaquin Cabal, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Changing favicon.icon

Regular Member Postagens: 106 Data de Entrada: 07/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Karthik, you can see the wiki

I think the better way is to create a new theme with pluginsSDK, (copy the classic theme for starting) and then replace de favicon in the new theme.
thumbnail

Thanks Joaquin Cabal, I got it by adding the following code in portal-ext.properties file:
theme.shortcut.icon=favicon.ico
thumbnail

Same problem is coming in one of my friends system. I tried all the 3 methods that was given in wiki, but it is not displaying appropriately.

Kindly provide favorable reply.
thumbnail
Devang Patel, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 247 Data de Entrada: 19/01/15 Postagens Recentes
Hi Karthik,
Follow first two methods as shown on liferay wiki.

Link -> https://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/How+to+change+the+favorites+icon
I solved this.

Thanks,
Devang Patel
Shruthi Valsalan, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 50 Data de Entrada: 28/01/15 Postagens Recentes
Hi,
It appears only in chrome, not on other browsers like IE or FF.. why? how to solve this??
thumbnail
Devang Patel, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 247 Data de Entrada: 19/01/15 Postagens Recentes
Shruthi Valsalan:
Hi,
It appears only in chrome, not on other browsers like IE or FF.. why? how to solve this??

Hi Shruti,
Clear cookies and cashe of the IE & FF...
Then try this.
Hope it will works.

Thank You,
Devang Patel
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Follow Joaquin's suggestion and create a new theme. You're not suppose to be directly modifying Liferay files because they will be lost when you upgrade.
thumbnail
Pierpaolo Cira, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 141 Data de Entrada: 26/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,
I'm resuming this old post because this is the nearest discussion to an issue I met.

Due to new families of devices/softwares/monitor DPIs many people (like me) need to declare more than just one favicon.

A common example is represented by the following code
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="${images_folder}/favicons/apple-touch-icon-57x57.png">
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="60x60" href="${images_folder}/favicons/apple-touch-icon-60x60.png">
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="${images_folder}/favicons/apple-touch-icon-72x72.png">
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="${images_folder}/favicons/apple-touch-icon-76x76.png">
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="${images_folder}/favicons/apple-touch-icon-114x114.png">
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="${images_folder}/favicons/apple-touch-icon-120x120.png">
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="${images_folder}/favicons/apple-touch-icon-144x144.png">
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="${images_folder}/favicons/apple-touch-icon-152x152.png">
	<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="${images_folder}/favicons/apple-touch-icon-180x180.png">
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="${images_folder}/favicons/favicon-32x32.png" sizes="32x32">
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="${images_folder}/favicons/favicon-194x194.png" sizes="194x194">
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="${images_folder}/favicons/favicon-96x96.png" sizes="96x96">
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="${images_folder}/favicons/android-chrome-192x192.png" sizes="192x192">
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="${images_folder}/favicons/favicon-16x16.png" sizes="16x16">
	<link rel="manifest" href="${images_folder}/favicons/manifest.json">
	<link rel="shortcut icon" href="${images_folder}/favicons/favicon.ico">
	<meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#2b5797">
	<meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="${images_folder}/favicons/mstile-144x144.png">
	<meta name="msapplication-config" content="${images_folder}/favicons/browserconfig.xml">
	<meta name="theme-color" content="#ffffff">

By the way, if I put this code inside my portal_normal.ftl file, ${theme.include(top_head_include)} will continue to print on the page the basic favicon loading code.

The only way to avoid this beaviour seems to be the top_head_include.jsp file hooking... but I'm wondering if Liferay (6.2 in my case) can allow me to deal with this problem in a more efficient way than to write an hook to fix a theme behaviour.

Does anyone know a better approach?

Thank you
thumbnail
Travis Cory, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 73 Data de Entrada: 04/06/13 Postagens Recentes
Hello Pierpaolo,

This is because by default Liferay looks for the favicon.ico in /theme-name/images/favicon.ico. If you update the path of your favicons from
${images_folder}/favicons
to
${images_folder}/
I think it should work just fine. Note that it may not immediately take affect because of caching.
thumbnail
Pierpaolo Cira, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 141 Data de Entrada: 26/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Travis Cory:
Hello Pierpaolo,

This is because by default Liferay looks for the favicon.ico in /theme-name/images/favicon.ico. If you update the path of your favicons from
${images_folder}/favicons
to
${images_folder}/
I think it should work just fine. Note that it may not immediately take affect because of caching.

Hi Travis,
thank you for replying, but I'm asking a different thing. emoticon

The problem: I need to define multiple favicons formats.

So I'm searching for the best-practices to define all those favicons entries (see my previous post) AND to avoid "top_head_include" file to write its own favicon line.
A different approach would be to ensure that "top_head_include" file will produce all the necessary favicon lines.

In both cases I suppose I have to hook that file... or does another solution exist?

Thanks