Fórum

Lockout Enabled - Not working

thumbnail
Vikas V, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Lockout Enabled - Not working

Junior Member Postagens: 83 Data de Entrada: 28/09/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Am using Liferay 6.0

I want to 'intentionally' lock user's account because of some Business requirements.

So, I thought of making use of Lockout option in USER_ table. Idea is I will manually update FailedLoginAttempts in USER_ table for the user whom I dont want to login.

So, in admin port I configured (in Password Policies) , as per the screen shot I have attached.

I ll update manually FailedLoginAttempts field for the user with a number above 999. But the user is getting logged in.

I also tried making LOCKOUT field value 1. But it got logged in.

I had restarted my server after doing changes in admin port.

Where did I miss out? Or are there any other way to intentionally block users from logging in? Are there any more entries to be made in portal-ext.properties?

Regards,

Vikas
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Lockout Enabled - Not working

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
You should not manually be update the column in the database as the users can actually be cached in Lucene (which is why sometimes when users are added you need to go to the server control panel and reindex all search indexes).

Only use the Liferay approved apis for making changes to users. It's the only way to ensure that all the Liferay entities related to a user are updated and synchronized.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
You have to set LOCKOUTDATE with LOCKOUT and I'm not sure why you're setting Maximum Failure to 999 to test this. Just set it to 1.
Anyways, as David said, you shouldn't be modifying Liferay database directly.
thumbnail
Riccardo Ferrari, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 139 Data de Entrada: 13/11/10 Postagens Recentes
I agree that db columns should never get modified by hand. In case you need to empty the db cache from "Control Panel" -> "Server Administration"