Fórum

Keep the state of an iframe portlet?

Robin Diederen, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Keep the state of an iframe portlet?

Junior Member Postagens: 35 Data de Entrada: 13/04/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello all,

We use iframe portlets for displaying a number of web applications, such as the Exchange webmail.

When navigating back and forth from the page the iframe portlet is located, the iframe porlet forgets its earlier state and falls back to its default.

I know this to be standard behavior of the iframe portlet, yet for our purposes, it's quite annoying :-). Are there any "fixxes" available? If not, tips would be welcome too!

TIA!
thumbnail
Jan Gregor, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Keep the state of an iframe portlet?

Regular Member Postagens: 224 Data de Entrada: 20/10/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Robin,

What do you mean by default behaviour ? What is exactly the problem here ? Take a look at proxy portlet too if you want to have some custom rendering of your application.

Regards,
Jan.

Jan Gregor:
Hi Robin,

What do you mean by default behaviour ? What is exactly the problem here ? Take a look at proxy portlet too if you want to have some custom rendering of your application.

Regards,
Jan.

The default behavior of Liferay is to reload all portlets when switching between pages. We actually require the exact opposite: we want to switch between pages without reloading. My guess'd be it needs some kind of ajax trick to make that work (switching without loading).

Could the proxy portlet possibly solve this? Haven't had a look at it since 5.2.3; back then I never achieved any good results with it emoticon

Thanks!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
You're right about redrawing. Just changing your web mail to ajax wont help you if you still switch pages nor with the proxy portlet.

If you web mail is able to save states by specifying a uri parameter, it's possible to append the these uri parameters in the iframe.

Hitoshi Ozawa:
You're right about redrawing. Just changing your web mail to ajax wont help you if you still switch pages nor with the proxy portlet.

If you web mail is able to save states by specifying a uri parameter, it's possible to append the these uri parameters in the iframe.

We actually considered to use such a construction, but then we realized that it's only a partial solution. This may redirect us to the page we were earlier, but in case we made some input (a webform, for example), that will still be lost.

Or am I wrong here?