Fórum

RE: BugSquad: Now What?

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

BugSquad: Now What?

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello Bugsquaders!

I want to again personally thank each and every one of you for your contributions to Liferay and to our 6.1 CE release. I believe this release has much higher quality, and the user experience has been vastly improved in many areas thanks to this team. Here are a few program updates:

1. Tee shirts! Just before the holidays we had our final round of voting. There were some last minute voting issues, but rather than try and figure out why, we're going to go ahead and declare both Bavithra's "White Flag Corps" and Bryan's "POW!" designs as winners! I have both of the designs and we will begin printing tee shirts and shipping to those who participated in the program. Leftovers will be giveaways at future Liferay or other industry events, or for future bugsquad activities. Stay tuned! If you participated in bugsquad for 6.1, you WILL get a tee shirt!

2. Now what? With all of your new Liferay knowledge and experience, Here's what I'd like the team to consider: We really need help at improving the quality of the existing bug reports (of course BugSquad generates good bugs, many of which have been resolved, but there are many more out there). Let's take a crack at improving the quality of existing bug reports, rather than concentrate on finding new bugs. We have another program called "Community Verifier", which gives you special rights in JIRA, allowing you to edit and close bugs (through our QA dept). You don't have to *fix* the bugs, you just have to figure out if they still exist and make sure there is enough information for someone to fix. The goal is to clean up old bugs, because there is a lot of stuff in there. What do you think?

On our last leadership team meeting (which btw, I'm organizing the next one for late Jan/early Feb), the topic of verifier came up and that it is a little daunting to be faced with hundreds of bugs that may or may not be in your area of expertise. I am going to create several new filters to show the verifier team which bugs need attention, grouped by functional category. Then you can pick a specific category based on your expertise. We can come up with some simple goals (e.g. verify 2 bugs per week), and if we multiply that by the number of great contributors on BugSquad, we can make a huge difference.

Sounds good? If you're interested in joining the Community Verifier team, let me know via this thread or in email. You have to be added to a special group in JIRA before you can begin. We have an introductory document which describes how to participate in the program that I am re-writing for post-6.1 and should be available tomorrow this time.

3. Future releases. Once we get a handle on the 6.1 release, and begin preparations for future releases, rest assured that bugsquad will once again be called on, this time much earlier in the process. So, be loud and be proud of yourselves emoticon The future is looking pretty good!
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 230 Data de Entrada: 27/09/07 Postagens Recentes
James, I would like to join also the "Community Verifier" program.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Sampsa Sohlman:
James, I would like to join also the "Community Verifier" program.

Hey Sampsa! Welcome the the team. I have posted an updated Instructions for Participation Guide on the CV Homepage. Please give it a read. I have added you to the JIRA group so you should have the right privileges now.
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 803 Data de Entrada: 10/03/08 Postagens Recentes
Thanks James for making bugsqaude group active.

I need one favor from you.
Could you please provide us documents for some basic guidlines and resposnsibilitis for both the groups (bug squade and CV).
Now I have some time slots so I can give some more time with liferay community and these groups.
Please include me in CV group.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Will the total number of processed counts be cummulatives? That'll be fun. I don't have time right now but it'll be fun if something like forum posts can be setup.