Fórum

Liferay 5 plugin installer doesnot work

Ruchi Dubey, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay 5 plugin installer doesnot work

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 28/02/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi ,
I have both liferay 5.2.3 and liferay 6.0.6 installed on my machine. I have separate databases for them as lportal_liferay5 and lportal_liferay6 .My purpose is to keep both the versions running(One at a time).I shut down one and run the other server.I have some queries and issues:
Queries:
1Is it possible to keep both of them on the same machine in the developement environment?
2.is my approach to keep everything separate good enough?

Issue:
1. I shut down my liferay6 server and started liferay5. When i tried to upload a new portlet war from plugin installer nothing happens and it gives some weired javascript errors in IE like 'ditt null or not an object.

Please help.
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay 5 plugin installer doesnot work

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1744 Data de Entrada: 06/11/08 Postagens Recentes
Yes you can run both of them in same machine, if it is for your testing and in local environment. The only thing you need to take care is change the tomcat ports, otherwise the second tomcat that you will try to start will give address already bind exception. You can change the port in server.xml inside tomcat/conf folder

Regarding second issue, since you are using Liferay 5, it may be very much possible that it was a bug.

Regards,
Sandeep

Thank you Sandeep.But I was using liferay 5 only earlier and it was working fine.It is only after installing liferay6 that it is giving problem. I doubt, if it is some jre version issue....in configuration...
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1744 Data de Entrada: 06/11/08 Postagens Recentes
If its javascript issue it cannot be jre issue. My best bet would be you are using the same browser in which you had previously accessed Liferay 6 portal and the latest javascript just got cached. If you clear your browser cache, i think the issue should go away.

Regards,
Sandeep

emoticon Yes you are right .Clearing the browser cache worked.