Fórum

RE: NTLM = Working but Epic Fail

Dave Nicholson-Newton, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

NTLM = Working but Epic Fail

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 23/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi All,

We have Liferay 6.1 configured on a Windows 2008 + Microsoft SQL Backend

We have been configuring the servers most of week, we have managed to get LDAP working and importing all the users from Active Directory as it should, we can then authenicate using Active Directory logins(physically logging in), but we need NTLM as we are coming from a SharePoint instance and need to make the user experience as transparent as possible.

Anyhow, we now have NTLM working by giving the Liferay Server an password, using the setpassword.vbs from the Wiki, that has generated the server the password which we set, which has been added to the Liferay Portal and now NTLM works clicking on the 'Sign In' Link

The problem we now have, is that the Liferay Server is now lost its relationship with the domain, when I try and login to the server using my domain account I am receiving the following error:-

The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

we know thats a windows issue and the fix is to rejoin the Liferay server to the domain but doing so will generate another (AD given) password and we'll loose that link with the NTLM again?

Question is;
  • does the setpassword.vbs? need to be run on both the Domain Controller and the Liferay Server?
  • and does a trust relationship need configuring between the DC & the Liferay server?

Thanks in advance on any help! ;)
Dave
vasv kumar, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 46 Data de Entrada: 07/02/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

In liferay 6.0.6 NTLM is working when you click on sigin link.If you modify NTLMAutoLogin then it is working without clicking on sigin link.But in Liferay 6.1 it is not working i am trying to fix today, may i will get back this by EOD.

does the setpassword.vbs? need to be run on both the Domain Controller and the Liferay Server?

Are you able to set the service account password?If you are able to set your service account password most of the problems will resolve.

and does a trust relationship need configuring between the DC & the Liferay server?

Please refer http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/10737885
Dave Nicholson-Newton, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 23/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Thanks - got this working but creating a 'dummy' computer in Active Directory - running the vbs file to create a password on that dummy computer and then set that in the Portal settings for the NTLM authentication.

The real computer, I had to remove off the domain and rejoin - with several reboots

All working as it should now though

Thanks for you assistance