Fórum

Need to restart server every time

thumbnail
Ibrahim Mahammad, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Need to restart server every time

Junior Member Postagens: 47 Data de Entrada: 30/11/11 Postagens Recentes
In my system my server is not working for every 10 to 15min and again and again i am restarting my server. Again its just working for 10 to 15min. Why i am facing this type of problem, i need to configure any thing or any mistake in my configuration. In which situation we will face this type of problem.

Pls help me on this, due to this my development getting slow.
thumbnail
Pranay R Patadiya, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Need to restart server every time

Regular Member Postagens: 177 Data de Entrada: 23/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Ibrahim,

Can you let me know some details:
- Which Server you are using?
- which version of LR?
- What is in your log when server is up and going down?

Thanks,
Pranay
thumbnail

Thanks for your response Pranay

The following are the server details

Server: Tomcat 6.0.29
Liferay:Liferay 6.0.6

I didn't find any change in my log on both the situation. Here i am attaching my today log file. Pls go through that.
thumbnail

In my application i need to restart my server for every 9click. I checked it more times, but every time server is not working after 9 clicks. I already attached my log file also for your reference. pls go through that and help me solve my issue.

Its a little bit urgent.
thumbnail
Dominik domih, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 57 Data de Entrada: 10/11/08 Postagens Recentes
I'd try to increase the log levels for the portal (using server administration in control panel). Your catalina.out looks strange what with your plugin deployment happens...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
There's absolutely nothing in your catalina.out file indicating what is going on. It is just showing all of your various restart events.

How do you know you have to restart after 9 clicks? It stops responding, the portal locks up, or what?

Does your portlet use logging of any kind? Is there anything in your logs which indicates what is going on?

I can tell you that there's nothing in Liferay that is causing this, I'm 99% sure it is a failure in your portlet, not anything to do with Liferay...
thumbnail

Even i checked all my portlet code and didn't find any problem in it. And even i am not getting problem with a particular page or portlet. Just i am getting problem after continuous 9 click (tested 10 to 12 times and count the clicks).

pls some one specify me what is the problem in my code.
thumbnail

Just because you didn't see the error in your code doesn't mean the error doesn't exist.

Even with the latest 6.1 just being released, there are hundreds of people testing and running it. If they had encountered this "lockup after 9 clicks" issue, there would be many other reports of it, an outcry would have gone up in the forum and other locations, bugs would have been opened, etc.

Since none of those things have happened, the problem has to be within your code and/or environment.

I know it's not something that you want to hear, you want to hear it's a Liferay thing and not your code, that you didn't do anything to cause this. I'm a developer to, and I hate receiving that message. But it is what it is...
thumbnail

In code, how i find where the problem is? Because its not showing any exception or error. I am trying to find this bug from two days but i didnt find any thing. Pls specify how to find this bug.

Its too much urgent....
thumbnail

I'd probably try to run it under debug in Eclipse. When it looks like it's locked up, switch to debug mode and examine the threads and see what they're doing. You'll probably find the thread that is either blocked or is in some kind of loop...

Even in profiling mode, when you get to the point that it's locked, whatever is consuming the most time should also be an indicator of where the bottleneck is...
thumbnail

Thanks a lot to all who spend their voluble time and suggestions to finish this problem. At lost i found the solution for my problem.
Its happening due to Deadlock. I open multiple database connections but i forget go close it. Now my code is working fine.
Pieter-Jan De Boeck, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 03/03/12 Postagens Recentes
You will be happy to know that Java7 now auto-closes resources, including JDBC (http://www.java7developer.com/blog/?p=24)
However, to completely avoid these sorts of common low-level issues with databases, i've found that since I went Hibernate / Spring JDBC / Spring-Hibernate completely removes this sort of boilerplate code from my projects and significantly improved the cleanliness of my code. (not to mention productivity and avoidance of common issues during testing)
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
At lost i found the solution for my problem. Its happening due to Deadlock.

Just out of curiousity, are you using service builder without making any customizing hibernate?