Fórum

URL points to wrong Layout/Page

David Henderson, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

URL points to wrong Layout/Page

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 22/02/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

We've noticed some unusual behaviour with our instance of LifeRay 6.0.6.

For some reason when a page/layout is deleted the friendly URL of that page ends up pointing to another page within the same community. We haven't seen this behaviour before so I was wondering if this could be related to data growth?

So far I haven't been able to find any pattern for the other page that the old URL ends up pointing too. I've checked in the database (Layout table) and can't find any reference to the deleted page's friendly URL, so I'm puzzled how/why the URL ends up at another page in the community.

This seemed like it might relate to URLs being cached so I tried clearing the cache and re-indexing from the Admin console; but it doesn't have any effect. However if I add a page and set the friendly URL to be the same as the deleted page then the URL correctly maps to the new page.

This isn't causing any specific functional problems for us at the moment; but I would like to understand what's happening and if possible prevent it from happening.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

David
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: URL points to wrong Layout/Page

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
I think what you're seeing is Liferay trying to direct the user to a valid page rather than throwing a messy 404 error.
David Henderson, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: URL points to wrong Layout/Page

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 22/02/11 Postagens Recentes
At the moment the missing URLs seem to be redirected to other pages at random. I would rather have it consistently redirect to a single page.

Is there any way for me to configure the community to set a specific page to point too in the event that the URL does not point to a valid page?

Thanks,

David